Early Winter?

Help Support CattleToday:

We had a couple weeks of blazing heat here in the 100's, followed by a couple weeks of stifling smoke with everything burning, August was a crappy month, could hardly get a cut of hay in without rain on it, which is very rare for this area, and have had some cool nights... somewhere in the 40's. Today was very nice, slight cloudcover, about 80.. T shirt comfortable outside right now and I'm a wuss for cold.

I guess I better keep a few extra bales of hay... at least I got lots right now

Caustic Burno":3ovp8wd5 said:
TexasBred":3ovp8wd5 said:
Rafter S":3ovp8wd5 said:
We just got a cool front. It's 83deg at 5:30pm. That's 10-15deg cooler than usual.
Never got hot here today either. I think we got up to about 88, mostly cloudy and a breeze. Suppose to be hot the next 3-4 days then high of about 80....hope that type weather stays here.

Been raining here since 2 pm already got over two inches.
Got one little shower. Barely wet down the drive way. Suppose to have another chance this weekend they say. What's your total for the year CB??

YUP ! :???:

If it stays like this I will have to sell most of the herd . I cannot feed again for 8 months like the last 2 years. I have no stock pile left and I refuse to feed chicken shytt !!!
Not just because I would go to jail (it is illegal here), it is also unethical too .. :cowboy:

LazyARanch":12u3w2u7 said:
NOOOO Hillsdown!! :shock: You keep that stuff up there for awhile!! :cry2:

Oops sorry :( I already told it to bleep off so it may be heading your way . ;-) :lol: :hide:

Suppose to get to 44 Friday night here. Just in time to push all the teal out before the opener. Pelicans were flying over two weeks ago already. Would have had a lot more hay put up if it hadn't been raining so much in August, but we'll take the moisture now in hopes we don't get it in snow this winter.

hillsdown":3ontur1k said:
and I refuse to feed chicken shytt !!!
Not just because I would go to jail (it is illegal here), it is also unethical too .. :cowboy:

:nod: I agree wholeheartedly!

With any luck it will go away for a while, I'd hate for you to have to sell off so many. BUT ----- I understand, a few years back, after a couple years of drought, similar deal as you with no stockpile left, I sold out most of what I had, at the time, as well. <----------------- (I guess that makes me a "hobby farmer" now, I have way less than 250)

hillsdown":2etxgcbh said:
LazyARanch":2etxgcbh said:
BRAT!! :lol: :lol:

Hey, I am all about sharing with my friends !!!! :D :tiphat: :lol:

HD.. your always so kind. Even though we need the moisture .. that kind of moisture can remain up there where it belongs.. haha

Most of the snow has melted and we didn't have too much tree damage but it is cold . We got to a high of 36F today , more snow again overnight . About an hour south of us got a lot of snow and they are supped to get another 15 cm's overnight so I guess it could be worse .Supposed to warm up again by Sunday , it cannot come soon enough . Better make sure I remember to turn on the heating tapes for the drinkers , supposed to get to -5C tomorrow night .

Thanks HD! It is snowing here this morning!!!!!

Got the wood stove fired up and the new house is staying toasty warm and this old house is as cold as a freezer!

hillsdown":1w5cvlux said:
Most of the snow has melted and we didn't have too much tree damage but it is cold . We got to a high of 36F today , more snow again overnight . About an hour south of us got a lot of snow and they are supped to get another 15 cm's overnight so I guess it could be worse .Supposed to warm up again by Sunday , it cannot come soon enough . Better make sure I remember to turn on the heating tapes for the drinkers , supposed to get to -5C tomorrow night .

Those heat tapes. They use electricity. Your utility may use coal, or oil, but all that carbon is causing the world to warm. You'll be growing cotton in Alberta in a few years. Stay warm.

Latest posts