Duck Dynasty star suspended from show

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ifarm26":722kw8o0 said:
I basically told him that Jesus does not like it when two boys or two girls act like that with each other, and that God intended for mommies and daddies to act like that with each other. He soon forgot though, he saw the toy tractors in the store and his focus was redirected.

I'm the same way with tractors, toy or otherwise.

ifarm26":q5qhwncd said:
I basically told him that Jesus does not like it when two boys or two girls act like that with each other, and that God intended for mommies and daddies to act like that with each other. He soon forgot though, he saw the toy tractors in the store and his focus was redirected.
That seems like a good way to do it. Long before I knew that there was such a thing as sex I knew that 2 people of the same sex were not supposed to act like that.

Phil could have clarified things a bit if he had finished quoting the verses he began quoting then the entire though from scripture becomes more clear.

TexasBred":15pgdeec said:
Phil could have clarified things a bit if he had finished quoting the verses he began quoting then the entire though from scripture becomes more clear.
He could have recited the entire bible and the reaction would be the same

TexasBred":hwc78d02 said:

1If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord's people? 2Or do you not know that the Lord's people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!

7The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with mena 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Sexual Immorality

12"I have the right to do anything," you say—but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."b 17But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.c

18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

hooknline":qmsvo0jn said:
TexasBred":qmsvo0jn said:
He could have recited the entire bible and the reaction would be the same
Possibly bit he certainly left the door open by not putting what he quoted in perspective which is what the next couple of verses of scripture do.

If forced to choose sides, I have already chosen.

They really messed this one up.

WHat goes around comes around. Its about time morality hit 'em between the eyes.

it is obvious that I DO NOT BELONG ON THESE BOARDS... I was raised with an open mind to NOT judge others and that judgement is up to GOD and not me... as far as 'minding my own business" YOUR child is YOUR business... you can't hide your child from ALL the evil in the world. BUT YOU CAN AT LEAST LET JUDGEMENT BE DONE BY GOD AND NOT YOU. God knows all and sees all... at least the God I believe in does.. you are your childs' guide in this world. If my answer was NOT a good one in YOUR opinion, then what would be the correct way to tell them? That what they just saw was an abomination..big word for a 3 yr old. imho. right or wrong ..what other people do will not affect your child as much as your reaction to it. you are either apart of the problem or part of the solution. right now the only thing I am seeing based on some of the comments here is that all people who sin in one form or another are less of a human being than any of you. So THIS SINNER is gonna go hide..to many stones being cast at people like me...

Boycott A&E Until Phil Robertson Is Put Back On Duck Dynasty
645,378 likes

That was after I added my like...

Shantilly":1pk7jear said:
it is obvious that I DO NOT BELONG ON THESE BOARDS... I was raised with an open mind to NOT judge others and that judgement is up to GOD and not me... as far as 'minding my own business" YOUR child is YOUR business... you can't hide your child from ALL the evil in the world. BUT YOU CAN AT LEAST LET JUDGEMENT BE DONE be nice AND NOT YOU. God knows all and sees all... at least the God I believe in does.. you are your childs' guide in this world. If my answer was NOT a good one in YOUR opinion, then what would be the correct way to tell them? That what they just saw was an abomination..big word for a 3 yr old. imho. right or wrong ..what other people do will not affect your child as much as your reaction to it. you are either apart of the problem or part of the solution. right now the only thing I am seeing based on some of the comments here is that all people who sin in one form or another are less of a human being than any of you. So THIS SINNER is gonna go hide..to many stones being cast at people like me...

This place isn't perfect but if you stick mainly with the cattle related threads there is a ton of good information here. I imagine this thread will be locked soon, possibly even deleted entirely.

I hope you stay with us Shantilly.

Shantilly":1rjt4g08 said:
it is obvious that I DO NOT BELONG ON THESE BOARDS... I was raised with an open mind to NOT judge others and that judgement is up to GOD and not me... as far as 'minding my own business" YOUR child is YOUR business... you can't hide your child from ALL the evil in the world. BUT YOU CAN AT LEAST LET JUDGEMENT BE DONE be nice AND NOT YOU. God knows all and sees all... at least the God I believe in does.. you are your childs' guide in this world. If my answer was NOT a good one in YOUR opinion, then what would be the correct way to tell them? That what they just saw was an abomination..big word for a 3 yr old. imho. right or wrong ..what other people do will not affect your child as much as your reaction to it. you are either apart of the problem or part of the solution. right now the only thing I am seeing based on some of the comments here is that all people who sin in one form or another are less of a human being than any of you. So THIS SINNER is gonna go hide..to many stones being cast at people like me...
If someone disagreeing with you bothers you that much, I would agree that you may not belong here.

On another note, people who are very open minded are destroying this country by accepting everything that comes along as being ok. Some things are just plain wrong.

I don't judge people. I do however recognize them by the fruit that they bare. I'd be blind or stupid not to.

Bigfoot":2kzq94jh said:
I don't judge people. I do however recognize them by the fruit that they bare. I'd be blind or stupid not to.
That's right. Saying we can't judge what someone does, would be like saying we can't assume that a person who kills a buch of little kids is probably not on the road to heaven. That'a knowing people by the fruit the bare, and we would all be stupid not to do so.

We live in a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. It shouldn't come as a shock to any of us when it all comes tumbling down.

Bigfoot":2yg9ak70 said:

Aint it funny how all these responses are so similar to bible scriptures, it's almost like it is a guide to live by
Weird huh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.