Don't let it Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
The neighbor is raking at this moment. The roller will begin in about an hour.

Dear Zeus, hold those lightning bolts for at least another 5 hours.

The hay looks wonderful. Cut Monday. Lots of grass blades and clover (clover is too mature but there). Nice leafy hay.

Bright Raven":859bmsu9 said:

The hay looks wonderful. Cut Monday. Lots of grass blades and clover (clover is too mature but there). Nice leafy hay.

You let it lay too long. Should have been teddered Tuesday and raked/rolled yesterday.

TennesseeTuxedo":3rm3d1s7 said:
Bright Raven":3rm3d1s7 said:

You let it lay too long. Should have been teddered Tuesday and raked/rolled yesterday.
Mistake: it was cut Tuesday

11828v6.jpg

Bright Raven":17n1iyhq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":17n1iyhq said:
Bright Raven":17n1iyhq said:

Mistake: it was cut Tuesday

11828v6.jpg

Looks good.

Looks like you got it up in real good shape. Nice when the weather works out. The cows will sure like that in a few months.

The only way I know to make it rain in Idaho during the summer is to cut my hay. It never fails. Thank God it's close to 300 degrees out there so it dries nicely.

Seattle set a record earlier this week for most consecutive days with no rain. There is a chance we will get rain on Sunday so the old record is blown away. I don't know what the average temperature has been but I bet we broke that record too. Everyone got their hay two months ago but there isn't any second unless you have irrigation. The side benefit of hot and dry is fires. No big ones here but lots of little ones.

Bright Raven":rvn3e75v said:

I hope y'all got the hay in alright. Next time for added insurance give a shout out to Thor, God of Thunder, possessor of the Uru Hammer, and dweller of Asgard.

ga.prime":k9v6x5ao said:
Bright Raven":k9v6x5ao said:

I hope y'all got the hay in alright. Next time for added insurance give a shout out to Thor, God of Thunder, possessor of the Uru Hammer, and dweller of Asgard.

I will. Thanks.

Latest posts