Dog Bite situation

Help Support CattleToday:

Not necessarily, I was around a pitbull, puppy it was only 6 months old and it would randomly attack people, without any provocation. It was a pampered Pet, walked every day.. They had to put it down when it was 9 months old because it started grabbing children by the head, and dragging them around.

It wouldn't even bark or act scared or anything, one minute it would be walking around or laying down, then Bam it would attack. Then afterwards it would act like nothing happened. It didn't even growl when it was dragging a child by the head, it just acted like it had a toy in its mouth.

Some animals, dogs and bulls do not like children.
They tend to be loud and run around like they are hyperactive idiots. (Not your children or grandchildren, but some.)
Also a dog may see them as "prey" animals.

Hereford2 said:
Not necessarily, I was around a pitbull, puppy it was only 6 months old and it would randomly attack people, without any provocation. It was a pampered Pet, walked every day.. They had to put it down when it was 9 months old because it started grabbing children by the head, and dragging them around.

You say "people" and "children" like it happened multiple times. Any one who waits 3 months and multiple attacks to put a dog down has not business with a dog, much less a Pitbull, if it was actually a Pit. Biting humans goes completely against the breed characteristics.

Brute 23 said:
Hereford2 said:

You say "people" and "children" like it happened multiple times. Any one who waits 3 months and multiple attacks to put a dog down has not business with a dog, much less a Pitbull, if it was actually a Pit. Biting humans goes completely against the breed characteristics.

That's exactly right brute. The real bulldogs didn't bite people. He// on four legs to another animal , but not people.. seems like when they got popular with the brothers they went bad.

It bit the lady who owned it, and a couple other adults. But it's favorite targets were 4 to 6 year olds, it was a Purebred Pitbull. The dogs owners were friends with a Judge, so no one ever pressed charges, the ladies son ended up putting the dog down after he was bit by it.. I Totally Agree. They shouldn't have owned one

I would never tolerate a dog that bites people. The first time would be the last time and I wouldn't be taking it to the vet to be put down.

There are breed's bred to be inherently vicious towards humans. Case in point the dogs in San Francisco years back that tore a woman to shreds when she was in the hall way leading to her room. Drug deal gone bad. The the so called Pit Bull isn't one of them. A net search on Michael Vick's revolting dog fighting escapades indicates his ~ 50 dogs were severely abused, especially mentally. Given the opportunity for rehabilitation, all but a handful were successfully re-homed without further incident.
Unfortunately and regardless of breed far too many propagate dogs with unstable dispositions and health issues and far too many buyers are clueless.

Dave said:
I would never tolerate a dog that bites people. The first time would be the last time and I wouldn't be taking it to the vet to be put down.

That is my philosophy as well. It's getting to the point some people seem to value a pet's well being over a human's . I know a guy who came home once to find his wife and daughter up a tree in their lawn with the neighbor's Rottweiler barking viciously underneath. They had been there for thirty minutes. The guy got his gun and killed the dog. Of course, the neighbor didn't like it, but there was nothing he could do about it. I would have done the same thing. If I came home and found my daughter up a tree due to the neighbors dog, I'd probably be in Clint Eastwood mode at the end of Unforgiven.

I watched a show on Michael Vick's dogs. I would have loved to have one. Looked like he had some good ones. Even the ones that can't re-homed are at a nice place and seems to be happy.

https://youtu.be/5GmJNTRhafI

That's a great story! About how they got most of those dogs rehomed. I think in most cases the owners not taking the time and money to responsibly train their dogs is what causes most dog attacks. A well trained dog, reflects on the responsibility of the person who owns them,. In my opinion..

herofan said:
Dave said:

That is my philosophy as well. It's getting to the point some people seem to value a pet's well being over a human's . I know a guy who came home once to find his wife and daughter up a tree in their lawn with the neighbor's Rottweiler barking viciously underneath. They had been there for thirty minutes. The guy got his gun and killed the dog. Of course, the neighbor didn't like it, but there was nothing he could do about it. I would have done the same thing. If I came home and found my daughter up a tree due to the neighbors dog, I'd probably be in Clint Eastwood mode at the end of Unforgiven.

Where I lived over on the coast there was dog (white Chow?) that would come out and challenge/attack anyone who walked by on the street. It bit the daughter of one of my neighbors on her way home from school. The neighbor walked back up the street on the opposite side from where the dog lived. The dog came across the street to attack him. I believe he was carrying a 12 gauge..... might have been a 20 gauge. No matter the results were the same.

Dave said:
Where I lived over on the coast there was dog (white Chow?) that would come out and challenge/attack anyone who walked by on the street. It bit the daughter of one of my neighbors on her way home from school. The neighbor walked back up the street on the opposite side from where the dog lived. The dog came across the street to attack him. I believe he was carrying a 12 gauge..... might have been a 20 gauge. No matter the results were the same.

That is how we handle it here. People or livestock it makes no difference.

sstterry said:
Dave said:

That is how we handle it here. People or livestock it makes no difference.

Same here, and there is not a double standard with me. If my dog is on your place causing issues and you drop him, I get it.

Dave said:
herofan said:
Dave said:

Something similar happened to me some years ago. The neighbor's dogs had come onto our property and killed one of our dogs. Our children were small then and my wife was afraid to let them play outside. We contacted the owner, and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't catch them so there wasn't anything he could do about it.

There was something I could do about it.

I don't complain to neighbors about their dogs, thank goodness I have very few close neighbors. It has been many years since I have had neighbor dog problems, but I learned that was best an individual decision.

I don't think it's truly possible to rehabilitate dogs that have been trained to fight - or are inherently aggressive in the first place.

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Illinois-woman-attacked-and-killed-by-pet-French-bulldog-570446831.html

Latest posts