Lost dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
A few days ago I had seen a mottled looking old dog walking along the road, apparently my parents had shooed him off the day before.

Today I was at my neighbors place (a holiday property adjoining ours), having a few drinks and hotdogs, it was dark out, and I went to get some wood for the fire, I just about tripped on a dog, but it wasn't the neighbors' little dachshund weinerdog. I said "Looks like we got a visitor here".

This is some mutt of a dog, I'm going to guess he's about 5 or more years old, his teeth are worn at least 1/4", he's got medium length fur, basically black with a lot of gray (makes him look really old, though I won't be fooled by it), about the size of a lab.. he's pretty skinny too.

What really struck me about this dog is how well behaved he is.. he was just at the edge of camp, sitting on his haunches... waiting his turn.. this was definitely family trained dog, doesn't say a word, and being around it for just a few minutes I know it would be a great kids dog.. perhaps that's what he was, though I have no idea where it came from.. Breeding certainly tells me it's a reservation dog, but the behavior tells me it wasn't.
I didn't get a chance to see he'd been neutered.

I could handle having an old dog around, but selling my parents on the idea isn't going to happen... just having a cat is a major decision that requires meetings. I'll see if I know of someone who wants an old dog!

I picked up a really skinny good dog with all intentions of keeping it. Ended up giving her to a couple of kids at the slaughter house, she ended up getting run over within the year.

Oh Nesi you gotta help it! Find a rescue or something and get it some help. I have a terrible soft spot for dogs, especially those that are suffering. :(

I can certainly relate to your comments about the "lost dog". Two years ago we had a stray show up at the ranch. We're pretty sure someone just dumped her. Sweetest dog you would ever want to be around, very affectionate and obedient. But as it turned out this dog was straight from heII. We brought her home, cleaned her up, took her to the vet and got her updated on all her shots. The first day without humans around she went berserk, absolutely bug shyt. She broke a window out (I'm assuming trying to get out), tore up two pillows and pretty much trashed the house. Second day - on the back porch. She ATE the gas line to the water heater, ATE the door into the rest of the house, ATE a hole in a bottle of bleach with bleach all over the floor and finished breaking out the window and went through it. I took her back to the ranch and "dropped" her off at a local 4-wheeler track with a note and brand new leash warning folks if they took her she should be treated as an outdoor dog. And NO, I did not put her down.

Latest posts