What will be the results of current situation?

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
I know there is no way to know, but how long do you all predict the protests and riots will continue? What changes do you think will come from all this? Some are saying defund or dismantle the police. I don't understand that.
Where do you think we will be a few months or year from now?

No idea where it goes from here. Still in disbelief at some of the events of the last few months. I believe the unrest has been brewing for a long time. I don't really see any large scale defunding of police. I think and hope that cooler heads will prevail. I do believe some reform efforts will likely be attempted.

Considerations are being made of banning certain holds, having an assistant before applying physical force, lots of filing and reporting paperwork...

Will a systematic stripping of power from the police equal more violence from criminals?

MO-Ruminants said:
Will a systematic stripping of power from the police equal more violence from criminals?

I would think so. Some are even calling to totally do away with police, at least that sounds like what their words are describing. I don't know what their plan is. I don't think crime just goes away when the police is gone.

In this country, there is a serious move towards body cameras for all cops at all levels at all times. Should have been done years ago as it would have avoided any questions as to what actually happened in controversial cases.

I also see a reduction in police services, focusing only on violent crimes, which is what they are meant for. Put smart technology into vehicles to detect speeding and drunk drivers.

It will go on until mid-November. If it doesn't, some other form of anarchy and unrest will. It's well orchestrated and well organized.
After that, I don't know what the lasting repercussions will be.

I'm with Fence. Some cry to defund the police. Do away with the police and see what happens. The strong will police themselves. And the weak will suffer. But the toll will be much bigger numbers than Coronavirus caused.

That's not the answer though. The answer is love. 2nd commandment says "Love thy neighbor as thyself". That doesn't mean just the folks that live next to you. That's mankind in general. Whoever you come into contact with. If people had love for other people there would be no problems. And if you can't muster love, respect goes a long way by itself.

There are some bad people. There are some bad cops. Police brutality is a real thing. I don't condone it. But it doesn't warrant this destruction and division. How does kneeling for the National Anthem or not saluting the American Flag accomplish anything? To me that's saying you don't respect the people that fought and/or died so that you have the freedom you are exercising. That's saying you don't love "your" country.
If one wants to protest police brutality there has to be a more effective way to do this other than disrespecting the very country that you choose to live in. Looting, pillaging and burning are certainly counterproductive.

This country is divided. I'm not sure it's as bad as the mainstream media would have us think, but it very well could be.
Certain factions survive and prosper by promoting this perception. Without turmoil they can't push their agenda.

And I respect every persons right to make their own choices inside of the law even if I disagree, but I'm willing to take up a collection to buy a permanent one way plane ticket to any country I'm the world for any people in America that hate this country so bad that they don't want to live here. I'm all for a stimulus package to relocate them. To me it's this simple....If you don't want to be here, I don't want you to be forced to stay. You live but once. Find a happy home. Sure Russia or Afghanistan would take em

There have been some previous situations were the Police were defunded. They could also have been called union busting events. This puts the DFL in a difficult spot - - they want the votes of protesters and unions and angry minorities. The latest spin is the protests and riots were great things that will promote TBD change.

There are some very different and very successful policing models in some other countries. They are also countries where there is an unarmed homogeneous population.

herofan What changes do you think will come from all this? [/quote said:
MN Short Term : AIM will step up their activities to be more competitive for public attention. The state government will make an effort at recovery. Positive role models with families and good jobs will relocate to the suburbs. City property values will go down 20%. Realtors will make more money due to increased turns. Realtors and auctioneers always make money from change.

US Longer Term : Policing is the tip of the iceberg. The goal buzzword has quickly gone from "justice" to "equality". Due to this there has been renewed discussions on increased funding for educational issues that were not fixed by busing, more reverse discrimination quotas, new statues, and a universal wage for those who are still unable to compete in the current economy. It is hard to see how all this will happen within American style capitalism.

JMJ Farms said:
It will go on until mid-November. If it doesn't, some other form of anarchy and unrest will. It's well orchestrated and well organized.

Do you think people will still be in the streets in November? I realize that jobs aren't at a norm right now, but are so many people out of work that they are able to protest all the time?

herofan said:
JMJ Farms said:

Do you think people will still be in the streets in November? I realize that jobs aren't at a norm right now, but are so many people out of work that they are able to protest all the time?

I can't speak as to how it is everywhere, but around here there are plenty of folks that don't work very steady if at all.

Ky hills said:
herofan said:
JMJ Farms said:

I can't speak as to how it is everywhere, but around here there are plenty of folks that don't work very steady if at all.

I suppose you're right, but it just seems like a huge number that are staying in the streets all the time. It's crazy.

herofan said:
Ky hills said:
herofan said:

Do you think the 40 million out of work went back overnight? I would be surprised if even 10 million are back at work. Idle hands and idle minds. Lots here are taking summer off and taking government money until they turn off the taps, which won't be anytime soon.
I suppose you're right, but it just seems like a huge number that are staying in the streets all the time. It's crazy.

herofan said:
JMJ Farms said:

Work. Who needs work? Lol. I'm not sure about other states but here in GA you can draw $385 state unemployment and $600 federal. Nearly $1k/week. They don't need a job and most don't want one at that rate. They're making more NOT working. How much sense does that make?
I could be wrong. I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination. But I think the powers that be will keep unrest at the maximum they can achieve until after the election. And I'm pretty scared that they're going to accomplish their political agenda.

herofan said:
JMJ Farms said:

No way. Too cold to protest and loot at that time of year.

Stocker Steve said:
herofan said:
JMJ Farms said:

No way. Too cold to protest and loot at that time of year.

Maybe not in Fargo, but I think it would be quite lovely weather to steal a TV or two in Phoenix or Raleigh. :D

Problem? Police unions and some bad cops. On the other hand, problem? Criminal activity.

Historically, if a group of whites burned and looted black related businesses or property it was evil. Now, reverse is OK as justified or pent up frustrations. I worked in the USDA. Goals were an issue so that if you had a look or an origin you could get a job. A lot of jobs went that way. The FS had quotas so they just held jobs open for years until the right look or origin applied, if ever. If new employees could not function, it was overlooked. Then, go to schools or apply for a scholarship and there are the same things going on. Being white is a lesser chance and worse to be a white male. So, who is doing right or wrong? Take a look at the current function of NRCS or other agencies and decide if they have improved or not. Honestly, I do not see this ending short of some honest people taking action. They will be the enemy of all but will be truthful and right.

I saw that it's being considered to stop the children's show, "Paw Patrol," and maybe removing the police figure from the LEGO collection. I'm glad they are getting rid of such filth. :roll: I wonder if it will eventually lead to removing The Andy Griffith Show?

Latest posts