Do you get enough...

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Do you get enough sleep? Here's a quick quiz...
http://www.canadianliving.com/health/sleep/quiz_are_you_getting_enough_sleep.php

My score was 2. I get up with the birds, have a 30 min Zzz at lunch time and then hit the sack at about 11ish...that's around 7hrs and must admit by afternoon I feel a little flat. That's in summer, am sure in winter it will be a couple of hours more.

Have heard of some folks that only need 4-5hrs sleep and they are at their best :eek:

Unless I am sick (rarely) I go to bed sometime after 2am and am up with the sunrise--been that way my whole adult life.
(it doesn't mean I actually DO anything all those awake hours, but I'm up)

An old doctor told me once--You take to the bed in health or sickness, and that bed bed will take you.

That's not very much sleep Greybeard...and yet you seem bright enough :lol:. Do you ever feel a need to 'crash' and sleep for a longer period?

dang. had me expecting this was about something else.... sleep.. ok. I never worry to much about whether or not I get enough or not. I always figure like the old saying goes. "you can get enough when you die"
Its the other that you gotta think about gettin enuff.. :nod:

I thought this was going to be something else and I was prepared to say no, but I'll sleep when I'm dead
Till then there ain't enough hours in the day

Limomike":jecah0my said:
dang. had me expecting this was about something else.... sleep.. ok. I never worry to much about whether or not I get enough or not. I always figure like the old saying goes. "you can get enough when you die"

That is something to think about.

I get plenty of sleep. Early to bed and early to rise.

inyati13":185naejb said:
Limomike":185naejb said:

Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad :mrgreen:
But you can keep trying

cross_7":3au7sayv said:
inyati13":3au7sayv said:
Limomike":3au7sayv said:

Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad :mrgreen:
But you can keep trying
You could have said a thousand other things and not said that. :D

I don't think I've seen 7 hours in any 24 within the last ten years.
Four without waking is an excellent night's sleep.

edit - scored eighteen, there was very little of relevance to a farming lifestyle in the questions and *nothing* related to ability to fall asleep and stay asleep. I could have scored a four and it wouldn't change a thing.

I get 7, and feel good on it. My brother has to have 10 to function. He goes to bed 7:30 or 8:00 every night. From 7:00 to 1:00 is my favorite time of the day.

I'm fine on five hours for about three weeks at a time. Then all of a sudden I'll be up and around and going like he!! and the next thing you know I'm waking up two hours later with a puddle of drool on the pillow. One time this last summer I was on my way to the ranch after work and went into the house to get a few bottles of water and came back out three hours later with the truck running, saddled horse standing in the trailer, dogs panting on the bed of the truck. :lol:

cow pollinater":3e8rtpk0 said:
I'm fine on five hours for about three weeks at a time. Then all of a sudden I'll be up and around and going like he!! and the next thing you know I'm waking up two hours later with a puddle of drool on the pillow. One time this last summer I was on my way to the ranch after work and went into the house to get a few bottles of water and came back out three hours later with the truck running, saddled horse standing in the trailer, dogs panting on the bed of the truck. :lol:

That's why I quick drinking, well that and waking up with ugly fat women :mrgreen:

cross_7":3quf9fse said:
cow pollinater":3quf9fse said:

That's why I quick drinking, well that and waking up with ugly fat women :mrgreen:
I don't touch beer until I'm done for the day but I do encourage my wife to start a little early to kind of help my chances some. :lol:

Most of the time 4 to 5 hours is plenty for me, but I will take a nap if I am wore out after dinner. I sure wish I could sleep in, but my body is trained to be up 1-2 hours before it gets light. I enjoy seeing the sun rise.

Latest posts