Do you feed birds?

Help Support CattleToday:

I feed them. Through the winter I have 100 finches but about the time they start to turn yellow and begin to get pretty they fly north. Also will have a Junco and several kinds of sparrow. In the summer I have several Indigo's. They are my favorite. Year round I have Cardinals, Blue Jays, Titmice, Chickadees, woodpeckers and dove. During migration time anything might show up. Last weekend there were 3 pair of Rose Breasted Gross beaks here.

We enjoy feeding birds all year, especially in the winter. We have mostly sparrows, finches, and beautiful cardinals. I am seeing more brown thrashers around. They do not come to the feeder. We have a lot of bluebird houses out so we see a lot of them.
My mother loved cardinals. We kept feeders up outside her window while she was in assisted living. Watching the cardinals come to the feeder was one of the things she enjoyed most.
Should already have my hummingbird feeders up here and over at the house at farm, but am getting slower and slower.

I feed them through the winter and then about the time things warm up I get busy and they get cut off. I do always seem to find time to trap starlings and house sparrows, though and pack an air rifle to knock them down any time I have a few minutes to spare.

Latest posts