• Yes scientific data and recent drought proves it

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No it's just an anomaly and things will go back to normal before long

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • None of the above (please explain)

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
Jogeephus":nno8p7ng said:
I've always suspected the Canadians were responsible for the melting of the ice caps on mars.

We have climate change this year for sure it won't stop raining. Not complaining by any mean's.
If we stay on the pace we are on this year we will have another 100 inch year like 04.
Look's normal around here again all the sloughs are full the wood duck's are happy.

How can I change my vote as my daughter just told me what an "anomaly" was?
SL

Sir Loin":k8nzu1xv said:
How can I change my vote as my daughter just told me what an "anomaly" was?
SL

Tell me what you want to change it to and I'll put it in your file.

TexasBred":rbnmkk2g said:
Jogeephus":rbnmkk2g said:
I've always suspected the Canadians were responsible for the melting of the ice caps on mars.

Joe don't forget about the pygmies . You never know what they're up to. ;-)

I always suspected they had something to do with it but they are too sneaky to catch in the act.

Jogeephus":19eybpjp said:
The Mars ice caps are not actually ice but instead frozen carbon dioxide. Also known as dry ice, the caps on Mars vaporize (not melt) seasonally and have been doing so at least since the invention of the telescope which was prior to the existence of Canadians.

ga.prime":49y6nauo said:
Jogeephus":49y6nauo said:
The Mars ice caps are not actually ice but instead frozen carbon dioxide. Also known as dry ice, the caps on Mars vaporize (not melt) seasonally and have been doing so at least since the invention of the telescope which was prior to the existence of Canadians.

Thanks. That's good to know. I guess I can call the dogs off the pygmies. :lol2:

I had to go with#3. Our climate has been changing since before we ever existed. All of the horrors that we hear about our climate today have similar stories buried in the past.

Isomade":3hisgc8g said:
djinwa":3hisgc8g said:
Since the climate can't stay exactly the same, of course it is changing.

Question is whether it is good or bad, and if we can do anything about it.

Al Gore is supposedly more scared of global warming than anyone, but he can't stop living in mansions and flying in jets. So even if it would do any good, I don't see anyone willing to change their lifestyle.

Would be a bummer to go back to living in huts, without A/C or heat, and then the asteroid takes us out anyway.

Its just a matter of time.
It's them dam black hided cows fault! There gonna cause us all to burn up.

Since you wear black in the summer, I assume you think its getting cooler?

I'm not smart enough to know the answer to this, but I often wonder--------------If plants need co2 to live, what did they do for co2 before we started producing it in mass quantities?

Bigfoot":1mbectxn said:
I'm not smart enough to know the answer to this, but I often wonder--------------If plants need co2 to live, what did they do for co2 before we started producing it in mass quantities?

Here's some food for thought. In a closed system, if you pump extra CO2 into the system the plants will grow faster and produce more oxygen. This is why during the dinosaur days the plants were so much larger thus providing a larger food source for the dinos because during that period CO2 levels were much higher than they are today.

Sir Loin":32wby6d9 said:
To give you a definitive answer- YES, but it is not a manmade climate change.
I say yes only because how else could the earth get from one ice age to another with out climate change and I see no reason to believe we are not in some kind of change right now, which also would have nothing to do with what man is doing.

See"Chandlers wobble theory". :tiphat:
SL

I agree with Sir Loin, mostly. I can't figure out how they figure that 100 years of recorded data can tell them that the temps are going high or going cold. I believe the world's been around for millions of years and that it has gone through warm periods and cold periods. The climate is always changing....

Aaron":3pufltns said:
As a scientist, these are the conclusions that science has made regarding climate change.
1) The climate is getting warmer. Based on actual rising global average temperatures over the last 40 years, this cannot be disputed.
2) Reasons for this warming are varied and no individual cause can be labelled as the 'smoking gun'.
So don't go bashing us scientists.
Wow! Talk about hiding your light ~ I had no idea you are a scientist! :tiphat: Your area of study is the climate or.....? Do you agree that global climate changes are cyclical, but have been impacted and amplified by human interference?

Here is indisputable proof there is global warming.

warmingtrend.jpg

Aaron":17zjssvf said:
As a scientist, these are the conclusions that science has made regarding climate change.

1) The climate is getting warmer. Based on actual rising global average temperatures over the last 40 years, this cannot be disputed.

2) Reasons for this warming are varied and no individual cause can be labelled as the 'smoking gun'.

So don't go bashing us scientists. It's the environmentalists, media and bureaucrats that want to put their own twist on how they think you should live your life. They read one research article in a scientific journal and all common sense goes out the window.
No doubt that is true but 40 years ago is not much of a baseline. Numbers are always relative as in "warmer compared to when"??

Global Warming has become a Religion for purely political reasons.

Manmade global warming, for many, is an Earth-worshipping religion. The essential feature of any religion is that its pronouncements are to be accepted on the basis of faith as opposed to hard evidence. Questioning those pronouncements makes one a sinner. No one denies that the Earth's temperature changes. Millions of years ago, much of our planet was covered by ice, at some places up to a mile thick, a period some scientists call "Snowball Earth." Today, the Earth is not covered by a mile of ice; a safe conclusion is that there must have been a bit of global warming. I don't know the cause of that warming, but I'd wager everything I own that it was not caused by coal-fired electric generation plants, incandescent light bulbs and SUVs tooling up and down the highways.
The very idea that mankind can make significant parametric changes to the Earth has to be the height of arrogance. How about a few questions because temperature is just one characteristic of the Earth. The Earth's orbit is another. If all 6.5 billion of us, all at once, started jumping up and down for a little while, do you think we'd change the Earth's orbit or rotation? Do you think mankind could change the direction and timing of the ocean's tides? Is there anything that mankind can do to stop or start a tsunami or hurricane? You say, "Williams, it's stupid to suggest that mankind could change the Earth's orbit or rotation, ocean tides or cause or stop a tsunami or hurricane!" You're right and it's also stupid to think that mankind's activities can make globalized changes in the Earth's temperature.
Nonetheless, there is much at stake in getting people to subscribe to the global warming religion. There is so much at stake that some scientists, using government grants, are fraudulently manipulating climate data and engaging in criminal activity, as revealed in what has been called "Climate gate." One of the most dangerous features of the global warming religion is its level of intimidation of heretics or would-be heretics.
A few years back, Dr. Heidi Cullen, the Weather Channel's climatologist, advocated that the American Meteorological Society (AMS) strip their seal of approval from any TV weatherman expressing skepticism about the predictions of manmade global warming. Scott Pelley, CBS News "60 Minutes" correspondent, compared skeptics of global warming to "Holocaust deniers." Former Vice President Al Gore called skeptics "global warming deniers." But it gets worse. On one of her shows, Dr. Cullen featured columnist Dave Roberts, who, in his Sept. 19, 2006, online publication, said, "When we've finally gotten serious about global warming, when the impacts are really hitting us and we're in a full worldwide scramble to minimize the damage, we should have war crimes trials for these bastards -- some sort of climate Nuremberg."
As a result, many climatologists have been intimidated into silence. That means the public is not informed about counter-alarmists facts such as: Over long periods of time, there is absolutely no close relationship between C02 levels and temperature. Humans contribute approximately 3.4 percent of annual C02 levels compared to 96.6 percent by nature. There was an explosion of life forms 550 million years ago (Cambrian Period) when CO2 levels were 18 times higher than today. During the Jurassic Period, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, CO2 levels were as much as nine times higher than today. Contrary to what educators are brainwashing our children with, polar bear numbers increased dramatically from around 5,000 in 1950 to as many as 25,000 today, higher than any time in the 20th century.
Political commentator Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956) warned that "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and hence clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." That's the political goal of the global warmers.

Isomade":3qa5eopj said:
It's them dam black hided cows fault! There gonna cause us all to burn up.

Us Okies gotta stick together... so I agree with ISO.. Cause everyone knows that black hided cows have hotter poop, therefore causing more methane gas.! :shock:

CF,
Re:
Is that from Walter Williams, Sirloin?
I'm not sure who wrote that.
I found it in my global warming file with no origin. I think I found it posted on another BB.
I'll check and see if I can find the author.
SL

OK, here you go.
By: Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. To find out more about Walter E. Williams and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.
Source: http://www.creators.com/opinion/walter- ... igion.html
SL

Latest posts