Do you believe we are experiencing climate change

• Yes scientific data and recent drought proves it

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No it's just an anomaly and things will go back to normal before long

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • None of the above (please explain)

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
As a scientist, these are the conclusions that science has made regarding climate change.

1) The climate is getting warmer. Based on actual rising global average temperatures over the last 40 years, this cannot be disputed.

2) Reasons for this warming are varied and no individual cause can be labelled as the 'smoking gun'.

So don't go bashing us scientists. It's the environmentalists, media and bureaucrats that want to put their own twist on how they think you should live your life. They read one research article in a scientific journal and all common sense goes out the window.

To give you a definitive answer- YES, but it is not a manmade climate change.
I say yes only because how else could the earth get from one ice age to another with out climate change and I see no reason to believe we are not in some kind of change right now, which also would have nothing to do with what man is doing.

See"Chandlers wobble theory". :tiphat:
SL

I don't believe the hype as the the weather runs a 90 year cycle of heating and cooling.
In the sixties they were predicting we were entering a new Ice Age, now they say we are going to burn up.
The talked about the drought as being the end of the world and we had one as bad in the fifties and one worse in 1910.
The earth's climate has changed since the beginning of time and will continue.
Let us have one really major volcanic eruption like Tambora and we won't have summers for several years.
Let Yellowstone blow and we will have another Ice Age. A large enough metor strike could bring on untold changes depending on the size and where it hit. A lot of the high and cold records still date way back into the 19th century.
We didn't have data recorded before then the winter of 1878 is the fourth warmest on record and then you have the great blizzard of 1888.
Russia is having it's coldest winter in 70 years.
So is there climate change yes is amn impacting it no IMO.

Since the climate can't stay exactly the same, of course it is changing.

Question is whether it is good or bad, and if we can do anything about it.

Al Gore is supposedly more scared of global warming than anyone, but he can't stop living in mansions and flying in jets. So even if it would do any good, I don't see anyone willing to change their lifestyle.

Would be a bummer to go back to living in huts, without A/C or heat, and then the asteroid takes us out anyway.

Its just a matter of time.

djinwa":y8e8sbc1 said:
Since the climate can't stay exactly the same, of course it is changing.

Question is whether it is good or bad, and if we can do anything about it.

Al Gore is supposedly more scared of global warming than anyone, but he can't stop living in mansions and flying in jets. So even if it would do any good, I don't see anyone willing to change their lifestyle.

Would be a bummer to go back to living in huts, without A/C or heat, and then the asteroid takes us out anyway.

Its just a matter of time.
It's them dam black hided cows fault! There gonna cause us all to burn up.

Isomade":2rb72fv8 said:
It's them dam black hided cows fault! There gonna cause us all to burn up.
Maybe I can get a gov grant to determine if along with their other issues they burp and fart more or less then other color cows.

I believe very little of what we are told has anything to do with real science.
I believe the bulk of what we are told is well funded consensus. Biased hogwash.

There's a whole lot of money to be made in fear and salvation.

I think that weather is cyclical. No matter what we do or think we know.

Rant mode on

I really do not give a schitte.

No matter what happens I will not only be long dead and gone, I will be dust in the ground.

If you have ever been to a third world country - India, Pakistan, China, Russia, Iran, Iraq and any of the "Stan" countries and a whole bunch more ......

They do not give a damm and have no intention of reducing their emmisions - yet I am penalized on what my car puts out. The small percentage change that we make if we follow all the hype is completely negated by donkey and monkey countries of the world who slash and burn with no care to others.

Western environmental standards are far higher than the middle east, yet the US of A wants no oil from Canada and supports those champions of human rights and those wonderful environmental advocates - the arabs of the middle east and the South American Chavez lovers with billions of US dollars for oil.

Most of the "greenies" are supported by US interests - and therefore in my opinion so full of two faced bull schitte that they disgust me.

Climate change? Perhaps - but there is no accurate information out there that can be trusted - even people on this board who might consider themselves experts are so parochial that they are completely out to lunch with the larger picture. If the greenies were serious and your president Hussein was serious about climate control and climate change you surely would not be supporting the middle east and Venuzeula.

Follow the money - climate change is a political and financial hoax designed to control people and money.

So - until that bull schitte stops I will continue to burn my garbage in that 45 gallon (55 gal for you US folks) drum out back and tell you all to pizz off if you complain about my actions.

Rant mode off

Have a great day

Best to all

Bez

Yes I think that it is changing- maybe at a quicker & more noticeable rate due to pollution.
We can worry about it but until the whole world gets on the same page to make things cleaner, there isn't much to be done to slow it down for future generations.

Yes, the climate does change. Just ask the folks who settled "Greenland" just before the Little Ice Age wiped them out. The earth was warmer, then colder, then warmer... well, you get the idea.

Man made? LOL! We think way too highly of ourselves.

TennesseeTuxedo":3jisu7p0 said:
Yes, the climate does change. Just ask the folks who settled "Greenland" just before the Little Ice Age wiped them out. The earth was warmer, then colder, then warmer... well, you get the idea.

The reason so many think this drought was so bad is they lived through it. Look at the dust bowl of a hundred years ago.
It was a long and prtracted drought.http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/drought/ ... story.html
Amen brother the active volcanoes are spewing more pollution in the air a day than we can ever hope.
It is all greenhouse gases according to the expert's. If you want to follow the science the dinosuar roamed the entire earth when it was tropical got wiped out by ice caused from some event.
As Bez follow the pied piper back to the money.

TennesseeTuxedo":1qce3l1j said:

:nod:

I went with option #3 because of how the choices were phrased. Otherwise I'd have chosen #2
I think any climate "change" we're seeing isn't really change. I think it is NORMAL for the weather to vary year to year, decade to decade, century to century. We have barely more thatn one century of data and figure we know everything all of a sudden. The proponents of anthropomorphic change always seem to ignore the scientific data that show other historic periods of significantly higher and lower averages than we are seeing today. And they never seem to want to discuss solar activity. Nor do they ever want to discuss that pollution in many Urban areas is lower now than in the mid 19th century.

I also agree with Bez. It's about money, authority and control.

Yes I believe in climate change. I do not believe its man made. History proves the earth has been warmer. 1000 ad was warmer than now. Then the little Ice age that ended in 1880. You have global warming scientist. Then you have the group who believe solar activity from the sun causes it. Lots of solar activity = warmer climate. Oceans have been show to be two or so foot deeper than they are now as well.

Jogeephus":2f1uuhzj said:
I've always suspected the Canadians were responsible for the melting of the ice caps on mars.

Joe don't forget about the pygmies . You never know what they're up to. ;-)

Latest posts