Do you believe in .....

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett said:
M-5 said:
coat hanger, welding rods , high tensile fence , it doesn't matter It works for me. I can find water lines and electric lines. Can't for the life of me find one property corner using them to much old fence wire buried is guess the bastards stay crossed in the 20'ft circle where the stob is supposed to be.

I'd start digging....bound to be some buried treasure. :D

I bought a metal detector years ago when my kids were pre teen and I got home one day and there was holes everywhere in the yard. They decided to treasure hunt . They had a coffee can full of bolts nuts washers but no treasure. 60+ years of working on equipment in the yard and the metal detector beeps constantly.

1982vett said:
M-5 said:
coat hanger, welding rods , high tensile fence , it doesn't matter It works for me. I can find water lines and electric lines. Can't for the life of me find one property corner using them to much old fence wire buried is guess the bastards stay crossed in the 20'ft circle where the stob is supposed to be.

Or an unmarked grave!!

M-5 said:
1982vett said:
M-5 said:

I bought a metal detector years ago when my kids were pre teen and I got home one day and there was holes everywhere in the yard. They decided to treasure hunt . They had a coffee can full of bolts nuts washers but no treasure. 60+ years of working on equipment in the yard and the metal detector beeps constantly.

Know the feeling about all the bits of metal everywhere. I bought a cheap detector years ago too in order to find old lines I had an inkling of their location but wasn't a given. Darn thing didn't work any better than my witching.

Named'em Tamed'em said:
Redgully said:
Chocolate Cow2 said:
Local guy uses brass rods and locates old, unmarked graves.

Spooky!

For crying out loud why!!

There are some old cemeteries in the area (think freed slaves) with graves that weren't marked. He can 'witch' over the area so the grave can be marked. I'd like to have him check a place in a pasture I own. On top of a hill there's 3 places, side by side, flat rocks mark each.

I'm not sure of the science, but I was the strongest kid in algebra 1 three years in a row.

It seems to "pull" harder on the 2" water lines compared to the 1/2" lines. It's all new to me.

But hey, it got 3 neighborhood kids off the video tv carp and moving around looking for pipes. :banana: :banana:

The last well we drilled, I had the spot marked well before the driller's showed up, using a willow branch. When they came, driller smiled and in his sarcasm was disappointed that I wasn't letting him drill wherever he wanted and as deep as he wanted. Told him I wasn't made of money. Oh he says, some guys are, as he reached for the copper divining wires off the rig. He just wanted to double check my mark, which was spot on. At the same time he recounted one job where the landowner was adamant against water witchers as devil worshippers and ordered driller to drill hole after hole, all which were deep and dry. Finally as the bill for all these dry holes was climbing into the multiple thousands of dollars, he finally relented and let the driller do his witching and he quickly found a good flow that wasn't far from house or very deep. That being said, the driller's old boss/previous owner who is long retired, was the complete opposite of his apprentice, had no use for witchers but would get you water, as long as you had no concerns about how much it cost. He has a lot of 400-800' wells in this area as his legacy. The apprentice seems to have a knack of finding a lot in the 50-100' range.

M-5 said:

My grandkids find the treasure. Broken gold chains, rings, decent coins. Trevor found a religious coin. Jesus on front and the last supper on the back. I thought he'd found a silver dollar until we cleaned it.

I took mine to Navarre Beach last year. I found a modern dime and 17 hot wheels cars. Several bags of trash too.

It gets my grandsons off of their iPads and iPhones. It gets them out in the country. That has value in itself.

I think it has to do with "disturbed" compaction of soil. Difference in naturally compacted soil and pipe trenches, etc.
I used to find UST (Undergroud Storage Tanks) fuel tank vaults sometimes under conc. or asphalt.

Not too sure/confident in a "Y" willow branch to find water 700ft below the surface, though.

Bend the metal rods into an "L" and place in glass bottle, they will point twds each other.

Glass bottle are a must on a betting situation, keeps operator from turning the rods.

I read an article yesterday, that said a study had shown that some humans could sense the Earth's magnetic lines (always instinctively knew which direction was which even in the dark) and some could not. I wonder if this might explain why some can witch and some cannot?

Latest posts