DNA Results

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
My brother had his DNA tested with the Ancestory kit. The results were:
80% Great Britain
12% Ireland/Scotland
8% France
If it's accurate, It appears we are kinda white.

herofan":ebl55lg9 said:
80% Great Britain
12% Ireland/Scotland
8% France

I understand.
My bunch painted themselves blue.
30% Scandinavia 45% Scotch Irish the rest was Germany area.

Adopted at birth. All I know is my birth mother is Irish & my birth father is Greek (I have blonde hair with brown eyes). And I don't need to know any more than that because my parents are incredible so I have vicariously assumed their lineage. I guess that makes me a mutt.

herofan":1h4jb9mu said:
80% Great Britain
12% Ireland/Scotland
8% France

You're so white, you get a sunburn from a florescent light.

I have a 23 and me kit my daughter got me for Christmas to send in... It has the health + Ancestry Service with 90+ genetic reports. I have not sent it in yet. About afraid to with what may pop up on the genetics.

jltrent":3bmj6clb said:
I have a 23 and me kit my daughter got me for Christmas to send in... It has the health + Ancestry Service with 90+ genetic reports. I have not sent it in yet. About afraid to with what may pop up on the genetics.

I know what you mean. I was surprised that I was white as snow. Not surprised in a sense that I had reason to believe otherwise, but one never knows what went on many years ago, and I've heard of celebrities getting a shock when they had it tested.

TCRanch":1fq7x9s8 said:
Adopted at birth. All I know is my birth mother is Irish & my birth father is Greek (I have blonde hair with brown eyes). And I don't need to know any more than that because my parents are incredible so I have vicariously assumed their lineage. I guess that makes me a mutt.

No TC, I see you as someone who is content with their life. :clap: :tiphat:

i'll pass on the DNA collection bank.

who knows what they'll do with that in the future

ddd75":25fe2hq6 said:
i'll pass on the DNA collection bank.

who knows what they'll do with that in the future

Unless you have lived under a rock and all your immediate and distant family, they probably already have more info on you than you would ever think....the Golden State Killer found that out. If somebody in your blood family has had DNA submitted they can trace you down, so more than likely you are already traceable in a collection bank. I know I am and have never voluntarily submitted DNA.

herofan":33u21gbj said:
My brother had his DNA tested with the Ancestry kit. The results were:
80% Great Britain
12% Ireland/Scotland
8% France
Not necessarily... aren't Aberdeen Angus also Scots? :cboy:

herofan":2p28cql6 said:
jltrent":2p28cql6 said:

I know what you mean. I was surprised that I was white as snow. Not surprised in a sense that I had reason to believe otherwise, but one never knows what went on many years ago, and I've heard of celebrities getting a shock when they had it tested.
Yup, you might not get the answers you want.
Actor/democrat activist Ben Affleck appeared on genealogy tv series "finding Your Roots." It revealed his 3rd great grandfather had been a slave owner from Georgia, he became upset about it and later his lawyers tried to stop PBS from showing his genealogy. It did go on to air, but with parts of it completely edited out.

The show also did Bill O'Reilly and labeled him the whitest man in America.... or at least the whitest they ever found.

Latest posts