DIY gooseneck hitch

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
I have an old f150 that I am making a ranch truck. I need the hitch for the hydraulic bale lift to mount/attach to. It will not be pulling a GN trailer. I am thinking 3/4" x4" or 6" plate slid over the frame rails and under the bed will be sufficient for the use and weld to truck frame, cut hole in bed for the ball and go. I have already installed over loads on the truck. Its a beater, I know it will be overloaded. This is the one I have for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-pbpx9aoY

thats the way all the GN hitches were done before bolt on kits . I helped put a couple in years ago , we would tilt the bed up weld in place lower the bed to put a dent where the ball was then raise back up and cut the hole . Ball was welded to to plate also.

M-5":16ozjv97 said:
thats the way all the GN hitches were done before bolt on kits . I helped put a couple in years ago , we would tilt the bed up weld in place lower the bed to put a dent where the ball was then raise back up and cut the hole . Ball was welded to to plate also.

That's what I was thinking. On my 05 chevy I used a piece of channel iron to make it. I don't think I will have the room on the Ford but I know the flat plate will fit. Going to do this one without lifting the bed this time.

I pulled the bed on my Ford in 15 minutes and welded a hitch out of a GM flat bed in. The only problem is that the handle to release the ball is in the passenger side fender well. Pulling the bed is the easiest way to go. IMO

Latest posts