DIY - 200gal pto boomless sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

Philip-TX

Reaction score
We were needing to attack cockleburs, mustard, sunflowers, etc. The 25gallon (TSC) sprayer assault was not keeping up, so I came up with this.

The same 'ol story, I couldn't find what I wanted for what I wanted to spend (tightwad/frugal/cheapskate) and needed a new project.

So it began with the pondering, planning and sketching..the

lots of mat'l from the steel pile but did have to buy the channel for the frame, and the tank, pump etc.
My son was home on leave (USMC) and it was good to have him work on it with me.
He is the "educated-welder", I'm just a hack.

I was originally not going to have the axle span across wheel-to-wheel, and just have it run on spindles, but considering weight and the strength it added we left it (with the option and bracing to remove it later. Thinking was not to "break-over" the stalk of the sunflower/cockleburs. After using it a couple years it'll likely stay.

continued....

tank was chosen based on ease of mounting. If I recall it was from Northern tool.
Tank leg seats...

You can see the boomless nozzle, I made it rotate and we angle it down a bit if it is windy.

continued...

some of the fit-up, etc.

strainer and valve, gauge, regulator, etc. There is an orchard wand as well, so nothing is safe even from the tractor seat.

I do wish the tank had a bottom drain so it would empty better. And I'll probably install one in the near future.

the hitch was kinda a fun creation...

need to be able to adjust height so the tank is level.
Sleeved the bolt hole to make it easier to slide bolt through.

Tank tie-down version 1 & 2 (thicker material)

Doing work...
Of course the green paint was added to add value. :cowboy:

I think it is ~30+ foot wide spray pattern.

Be very careful and not let the unit turn over backwards for some reason if so it will be very hard to get back upright.

hurleyjd":2aek0e22 said:
Be very careful and not let the unit turn over backwards for some reason if so it will be very hard to get back upright.

Yea, It actually turned out pretty well balanced. (Center of the tank is just forward of the axle.) I guess I could put a wheely-bar on it to be like the coolkids.

If it ever DID turn over backwards it would be EMPTY before I tried to right it.

Latest posts