Diesel prices in your neck of the woods ??

Help Support CattleToday:

gimpyrancher":1a21kgi8 said:
I remember back during the gas wars in the 70's. There were businesses "gouging" the public by raising prices on short supplies. Back then, the government penalized those businesses when caught by charging them an "excess profits" tax. When are we going to start doing the same to the oil companies? :help:

Do the math at 90 dollars a barrel that's 2.14 a gallon before it get's here 40 cent's a gallon federal taxes on a gallon of diesel that is not including state tax of around .20 cents a gallon 40 cents a gallon for manditory ethanol cost on a gallon of gas. You are at 2.75 and it hasn't got off the ship yet. You haven't paid refining, trucking, jobber, and or retailer. The Federal government is making more per gallon than anyone. They dog Oil, Alcohol, and Tobacco industries and what three are the highest taxed. We are mad at the wrong people, needs to start with 535 idiots in Washington.

hillsdown":3mulk2xg said:
We are suffering a shortage here as well as escalated prices. If you can get it, some places limit you to 50 litres . Diesel is $127.90 a litre here .

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres

So that is $4.84 a gallon + tax . Btw it is made here . :bang:

HD, you're lucky, it's 1.32/L here!

I think a good method of reducing the "gouging" from oil companies would be to make set days in the week where a gas stations can change their price... I'm sick of seeing some political outbreak on the other side of the globe change the fuel price here the next day... I also don't think it's fair to the private sector to impose a set price, but if every gas station around had a different day of the week where they were allowed to change their price, they'd have to post a competitive price or they wouldn't sell fuel for a week, I don't like the idea that every gas station looks at the other station and makes their price the same.. THAT is not competition!

Nesikep":99vu8qos said:
I think a good method of reducing the "gouging" from oil companies would be to make set days in the week where a gas stations can change their price... I'm sick of seeing some political outbreak on the other side of the globe change the fuel price here the next day... I also don't think it's fair to the private sector to impose a set price, but if every gas station around had a different day of the week where they were allowed to change their price, they'd have to post a competitive price or they wouldn't sell fuel for a week, I don't like the idea that every gas station looks at the other station and makes their price the same.. THAT is not competition!
Maybe some of us should run for office on the "fuel ticket." !!

Nesikep":p3juefb6 said:
As if anyone with sense would get in office!

Would any one with any real sense want to stand for office?

If you live on an island off the Coast of Scotland some of them are paying the equivelent of $10/US galon :???: :???:

Latest posts