Diesel Kleen

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas Ranch Man

Reaction score
As some of you might remember, I purchased a 2001 3/4 Ton Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel a short while back. I did some checking on this Board and asked a couple of people I know about Diesel Fuel Additives, especially for Diesel Engines manufactured prior to this Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel Fuel hitting the pumps. I decided to use a product called Diesel Kleen. Here are my results so far, having run two complete tanks of Fuel through the engine.

1. Increased Power
2. Better Fuel Milage

Truck seems to come off of the line better.

My milage increased from 9.5 to 11.3 while pulling approx
5000 lbs. worth of Trailer and contents.

I am adding 1 quart to every 36 gallons of Fuel.

Just thought some of you might be interested. TRM

Texas Ranch Man":2gewazmw said:
As some of you might remember, I purchased a 2001 3/4 Ton Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel a short while back. I did some checking on this Board and asked a couple of people I know about Diesel Fuel Additives, especially for Diesel Engines manufactured prior to this Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel Fuel hitting the pumps. I decided to use a product called Diesel Kleen. Here are my results so far, having run two complete tanks of Fuel through the engine.

1. Increased Power
2. Better Fuel Milage

Truck seems to come off of the line better.

My milage increased from 9.5 to 11.3 while pulling approx
5000 lbs. worth of Trailer and contents.

I am adding 1 quart to every 36 gallons of Fuel.

Just thought some of you might be interested. TRM

11 mpg???...I thought them cummins got pretty good fuel economy...maybe that's the 12V...hauled around 8,000# last week at around 15-16 mpg

I usually get about 14-16 mpg hauling about 21000 pounds, (TD 7e and trailer).

Add about a cup of rotella or delo motor oil per tank.

I only use it in my tractors. That stuff has gotten so expensive that when you add the cost of that and fuel for the truck I need a third job.

Jim, if you can pull 21,000 pounds and get 14-16 MPG you must be running no more than 50MPH?

Hmm...I hauled my Skytrac down the road today...I think I was probably getting about 8 mpg :lol: ...not to mention me almost suffocating while holding my breath at every stopsign I came to :shock: ...it wasn't much fun stopping that thing :)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, 3.73, stock. I am averaging around 18-19 mpg daily driving, unloaded. With 5000-6000 lbs I'm around 15-16 mpg. I haven't pulled heavy, so I'm not sure. I run 4 oz of Howe's Meaner Cleaner in each tank.

My brother's 2001, 2500 Cummins, 5spd will get 20-21 mpg on the hwy. He has the 3.55 rearend.

I know the mileage seems low, but thats what I am getting. I do pull with the Transmission out of Overdrive and average around 2700 RPM at Highway speed.

we also use the lucas additive. Went from 15 to 18 over a period of 2 or 3 uses. I have ran out and not bought anymore and am back down to 16 hiway empty.

Misty":1up99whv said:
we also use the lucas additive. Went from 15 to 18 over a period of 2 or 3 uses. I have ran out and not bought anymore and am back down to 16 hiway empty.
What make / year truck is that?

I have used both. I like the Lucas it seemed to work better and give more take off power. The Lucas was $20 per gal at Rural King. I drive on used cooking oil and shut down and startup on diesel with Lucas Injector Cleaner.
I know most people love their brands and swear theirs get 20 mpg with a load, but empty I get 14 average driving and half that with a load. I have an old 7.3 manual and a GM 6.2 automatic.
Be ye loyal to ye brand

Latest posts