Didn't see this one coming.

Help Support CattleToday:

Good for him! My nephew should be finishing up shortly. He got a good education and should make a good preacher.

I am sure that you are very proud of him. That is a wise thing for him to do. It is good these days to hear that a young person wants to go to a seminary to further his education before he begins his work for The Lord. Which seminary does he plan to attend?

Congratulations on his decision. That's great he is responding to the Lord's call. It's good for them to have the additional training and discipleship to help prepare them for service in this crazy world we live in.

Caustic Burno":33io70fc said:
Oldest grandson told me today when graduates this year he is going to seminary school next.
That's great and glad he's going to seminary before he starts preaching. Too many out there now that can hardly read and write let alone understand scripture let alone present it in a way to allow us to also better understand.

P.S. Remind him most churches have PA systems now so no need for the screaming. :lol2:

TexasBred":zvfb15qr said:
Caustic Burno":zvfb15qr said:
Oldest grandson told me today when graduates this year he is going to seminary school next.
That's great and glad he's going to seminary before he starts preaching. Too many out there now that can hardly read and write let alone understand scripture let alone present it in a way to allow us to also better understand.

P.S. Remind him most churches have PA systems now so no need for the screaming. :lol2:

I don't know about that you come to our church there are so many with hearing aids
they can't even hear themselves break wind .

I know that you are proud. He sounds like a young man who knows that there is more important things to life than chasing the almighty dollar and keeping up with the Jones.

Good for him. That's a whole lot more meaningful than most things people I know have spent years and a bunch if money learning.

I am proud of the boy, he is a fine young man.
He call's and checks on his granny and paw paw all the time.
Ask him if had decided on what school. He said no as he is still researching schools.

denvermartinfarms":3fbf4i5b said:
Good for him. That's a whole lot more meaningful than most things people I know have spent years and a bunch if money learning.
Seminary ain't free either.Most will go to a 4 year university studying in something like religious studies then go to seminary to really learn how to pastor a church etc. in their particular denomination

TexasBred":ocsfyxwo said:
denvermartinfarms":ocsfyxwo said:
Seminary ain't free either.Most will go to a 4 year university studying in something like religious studies then go to seminary to really learn how to pastor a church etc. in their particular denomination
I just meant it is something worth spending the money. I know people that have spent well over 100k in some odd field that will never help anyone and can't get a job.

That's great to hear!! Certainly a young man to be proud of! He should be in our prayers continually, please keep us up to date on his progress.

Larry

Caustic Burno":1e9eij5m said:
Abilene Christian for dang sure is not cheap.
CB that's the only drawback. All those universities associated with any church are extremely expensive. Don't know if they don't get any federal aid or what but cost out the gazoo. The young man we "took in" and raised went to Mary Hardin Baylor which is affiliated with the Baptist church and became a baptist minister. Has a fine family and a great young man. We do not however, discuss theology.

TexasBred":ndht3sne said:
Caustic Burno":ndht3sne said:
Abilene Christian for dang sure is not cheap.
CB that's the only drawback. All those universities associated with any church are extremely expensive. Don't know if they don't get any federal aid or what but cost out the gazoo. The young man we "took in" and raised went to Mary Hardin Baylor which is affiliated with the Baptist church and became a baptist minister. Has a fine family and a great young man. We do not however, discuss theology.

Or the shortage of people entering the seminary today.
Oldest son got offered a half scholarship in football to Abilene Christian, Rice and USC.
Told him he was going have to look at the other offers at Tarleton State and SMU .
As they was no way in heII I could afford those with his sister following right behind him.

Definitely a proud moment CB. :)

My parents are both parochial school teachers, since 1976, not quite sure how expensive it was back then, but I looked in to attending Concordia U. in Seward to follow in their footsteps and it was crazy expensive back in 1999, don't know how much more it is 15 years later, but it's gotta be up there.

Latest posts