Did I make a bad buy?

Help Support CattleToday:

I sold a heifer yesterday at Flemingsburg Stockyard. 11 months old. Black with white face. Nice looking heifer. Sold as slaughter. 850 pounds. Net $1,225.00. I think you did well for a PB Gelbvieh.

inyati13":22n8il7l said:
I sold a heifer yesterday at Flemingsburg Stockyard. 11 months old. Black with white face. Nice looking heifer. Sold as slaughter. 850 pounds. Net $1,225.00. I think you did well for a PB Gelbvieh.
Sold a 560 lb. heifer for $1064 before commission about a week ago.

pure breds....but heifers not registered.....800 yearlings +/-.....sire epd.... 17 ce, -3.0 bw, 40 m, 13 ced......a little light but I think they should fit in with the rest of our group here shortly......I'm new here but I will try to figure the picture download thing out....

gildehbc":2y1rbwa9 said:
pure breds....but heifers not registered.....800 yearlings +/-.....sire epd.... 17 ce, -3.0 bw, 40 m, 13 ced......a little light but I think they should fit in with the rest of our group here shortly......I'm new here but I will try to figure the picture download thing out....

Using photobucket.com to convert the photos into a PDF format will help.

I think in the 13-1400 range would be fair on both sides, she's nice, but I can't see anything exceptional about her either, though the pictures aren't really flattering either. I'm going to assume she's open and just ready for breeding now... If I paid more, I'd most certainly want a guarantee she's a breeder, otherwise she's just butcher beef with a pedigree.

TexasBred":pdurzg0m said:
Tom you never told us what she cost.
She cost less than what I sold feeder for, so I think she is worth a chance.You pretty much guessed it before. Put the bull on her next month. There are things I see wrong, pics were not too good. Her temperment is a big plus. Breeder uses some good genectics in fis herd, one that slipped thru the crack and did not get registered. She ia already vaccinated to the same program we use.

Latest posts