Depressing thought

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Days will start getting shorter tomorrow. Kind of like the length they are right now.

Depressing too, is hurricane season began June 1 and there's already a baby tropical depression in the nw gulf.
resize

cowboy43":17egg2sp said:
We are in a drought , that is what depresses me :cry2:

As I was once told about rainfall...
You just ain't livin right...

I may have lived 'too' right last year, but this year I must be doing things better..gonna get wet here this week.

cowboy43":3w0x9h5m said:
We are in a drought , that is what depresses me :cry2:
wish we could send you some moisture. can't get hay in for all the rain. rain rain rain rain and more rain. Not one big deluge and then clear skies; more like we're becoming Seattle or Portland the last few years

any time I hear folks grousing about rain....I just recall the years where we go six months without any rain and say which situation is better....

hands down I will take the rainy years...

I have seen years where we finished baling hay and the next week went to feeding it and then had to buy hay for the winter...

greybeard":c6lrgsbt said:
Depressing too, is hurricane season began June 1 and there's already a baby tropical depression in the gulf
My pasture is 70% dead, praying for rain. I might make it another month before feeding hay. I am hoping that stuff from the gulf pushes up here. And deer season is right around the corner. Filled the feeders again today. They went dry 2 weeks ago. With no rain there might not be much of an acorn drop. Maybe the bucks will be out for bow season.

Since i have the luxury (er, CHORE) of irrigation, 6 months without rain suits me fine... have had many years like that.. 2015 had 100F+ from may to september and not a drop of rain since april.. was a darned dry year.

Latest posts