I thought they were joking

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
I kind of heard or read about a sand shortage, but no real details. I thought it was some kind of joke. Turns out,,,

• Sand is the world's most consumed raw material after water and an essential ingredient to our everyday lives.
  • Yet, the world is facing a shortage — and climate scientists say it constitutes one of the greatest sustainability challenges of the 21st century.
  • "Is it time for panicking? Well, that will certainly not help, but it is time to take a look and change our perception about sand," said Pascal Peduzzi, a climate scientist with the United Nations Environment Programme.

Micro-chips, glass, transistors, lots of things have sand as a component.

I need up my education on sand. Apparently it's not just sandy beaches and sand boxes. 😁😂
Sand blasting.... shoot one can't know everything. Better to know you don't know it all than to think you know it all and not. ☺

A friend of mine worked at a sand plant in west Texas. He said they used lots of sand but I never really ask what they did with it. Now I'm wondering again.

Well I'll be sitting pretty, I've got piles and piles of it stockpiled here, washings from the old tin mine. I just gotta find a way to get it out that will keep the local authorities happy.

Ken

As stated.....sand is needed to make concrete but it has to be sand from lakes, oceans etc. Desert sand won't work for concrete it has been tumbled too much by being blown around by the wind. Thats my understanding anyway.

Apparently land is being bought down on the Ohio river specifically for the sand. Some of the larger farms have been bought because they were offered " too much to turn down".

Apparently land is being bought down on the Ohio river specifically for the sand. Some of the larger farms have been bought because they were offered " too much to turn down".
The Ohio and Wabash river valleys are full of usable sand. I've drank many a cold beverage with my toes in the water and ass in the sand on the Big 'Bash.

Latest posts