deep raspy breathing in young heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I noticed one of my heifers that I weaned seemed to have a raspy sound to her breathing. She has sounded this way for a while now. Is this something to be concerned about?

We have a heifer that had a horrible raspy sound to her breathing when she was calm and just standing or laying around. Checked her tem and it wa normal, never showed any signs that there was anything wrong. When she would get a little excited her breathing became normal. About a month ago it quit, no noise at all in her breathing. The vet feels that it may have been a damamged voice box that caused it.

dun

stillok":3i7a3rfx said:
I noticed one of my heifers that I weaned seemed to have a raspy sound to her breathing. She has sounded this way for a while now. Is this something to be concerned about?

stillok":3gbceyx0 said:

We had one like that last year, we called her "Fatty". Since we weaned her and she slimmed down a little her breathing got easier.

;-)

TLCfromARK":30v4f297 said:
stillok":30v4f297 said:

We had one like that last year, we called her "Fatty". Since we weaned her and she slimmed down a little her breathing got easier.

;-)
This heifer does outweigh the others buy a considerable amount.

I would have her checked by a vet.

One year we had a bunch of calves affected by diptheria. Nearly all of those calves had raspy breathing the rest of their lives, but remained healthy and went on to raise good calves.

It's something respitory, check with your vet. We had a steer that way the vet checked it out, gave it shots. It still died, so hurry before it's too late.
Ellie May