Dead Bull from trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

rgv

Reaction score
Giess what -

I'm driving into downtown St. Louis and I hear on the radio they spotted the last missing bull from the trailer wreck the night before. I'm close so I think what the heck, go take a look.

I got to the bull right after he fell down the rocks.
There is a website - I think KMOV.com.
Take a look at the video - these guys didn't have a clue what to do.
They bascially backed him off the edge. he fell down some big xxx rocks and was wedged in between two.
When I got there the 2 " animal rescue guys " where next to him. One has a nylon rope around the bulls neck and and the rope around his wrist!!!!! Pulling on it trying to get him up.
I suggested if the bull got up got up he may lose a hand as well as not stop the bull. He listened and at least tied it to a tree.
It was right on the river and we got a towboat to pull a big rock out of the way to try and get him out of there.

Watching the bull I told these guys he was about gone -
Oh no the humane society and the rest of the do-gooders were there then. Thay were going to lift him on a guerny.
He started rolling his eyes back in his head and I explained that was about it.
This poor bugger was shot. He died

This was the same group with the horse wreck last year.

What a shame - the track lead into a park by the river and plenty of room. The park even had a fence around a good portion of it.
Instead of just slowing down an getting people ahead where they could have captured him they had to cowboy him down the tracks.
In the video at one point if the guy would have had a lasso he could have flipped it on his head and run around a tree next to the tracks. I'm not sure what the plan was watching the video

Oh well -
Never dreamed this would happen when I got up this moning.

RGV

Did they not take into account the heat and how long the animal had been without water? I would think that if the animals well being was any kind of issue, those things might have factored in his capture.

Coweena":2v30zxew said:
Did they not take into account the heat and how long the animal had been without water? I would think that if the animals well being was any kind of issue, those things might have factored in his capture.
Don't be silly,the TV cameras were there!!

Latest posts