Daughter's First Prom Dress

Help Support CattleToday:

No kidding, I worked with a lady who claims her husband tied a pair of bull testicles to his rear view mirror and drove his daughter and her new boyfriend on their first date.

Alan":17y0i848 said:
No kidding, I worked with a lady who claims her husband tied a pair of bull testicles to his rear view mirror and drove his daughter and her new boyfriend on their first date.

:shock:

skyhightree1":1oq3g6l4 said:
Hook":1oq3g6l4 said:
skyhightree1":1oq3g6l4 said:
HG I hope when her date shows up you are playing that song cleaning this gun and are cleaning a gun lol
I tried that. Backfired big time. The kid wanted To come over, hang out, shoot all my ammo, clean all the weapons.... Etc. thought I'd never get rid of him

thanks for letting me know I don't need that happening. My daughter just turned 6 Saturday so I got atleast 10 more years before I have to scare some young fool. Brother Hook you think if I had a human silhouette and showed my knife throwing skills and aimed at the crotch it would work better than cleaning a gun :)

No No No my foolish young friend about Jr High the boys will start peein on the hub caps and trees in the yard.
If you think you have ten years you are sadly mistaken think 6 or 7 they will be showin interest.
Now to scare the ever lovin shyt out of you think back to when you were a 13 year old boy.

Caustic Burno":1ecxb8ay said:
I tried that. Backfired big time. The kid wanted To come over, hang out, shoot all my ammo, clean all the weapons.... Etc. thought I'd never get rid of him

thanks for letting me know I don't need that happening. My daughter just turned 6 Saturday so I got atleast 10 more years before I have to scare some young fool. Brother Hook you think if I had a human silhouette and showed my knife throwing skills and aimed at the crotch it would work better than cleaning a gun :)[/quote]

No No No my foolish young friend about Jr High the boys will start peein on the hub caps and trees in the yard.
If you think you have ten years you are sadly mistaken think 6 or 7 they will be showin interest.
Now to scare the ever lovin shyt out of you think back to when you were a 13 year old boy.[/q

Now im really scared cause I remember my brain then since you forced me to go back into time lol You are so right cb come to think about it at age 13 nothing scared me.

Alan":19ta0ld1 said:
Very nice looking young lady, congrats on a beautiful daughter. I was lucky enough to have four sons, I don't think I could have survived a daughter.

If it's not to late, a word of advice for when her prom date shows up to take her out...... Be cleaning three or four guns, have them in plain sight, have on a sleeveless shirt, mussed up hair and most important a wild eyed, crazed look in your eyes... Look him up and down a few times ..... Just gunt when he puts his hand out to shake yours. :lol: :lol: you get the idea. :lol: :lol:

or you could sit him down and say to him. I love my daughter more than life itself and I have raised her to be a good girl. Please return her the way you found her.

Some guy tried the other approach with my son and he told him. Please don't threaten me. I would have to tell my Dad and he really is crazier than a shythouse rat.

I wouldn't say a word to him just walk by carrying a shovel and yell back over your shoulder to your wife " I won't be gone long he don't need nowhere near as big a hole as the last one" ;-)

She is beautiful High and I dread the day my girls get there. Trying to raise mine smart enough and mean enough I don't have to lift a finger but making sure they know that all they have to do is say the word and I will. Sure I am not the only one on here raising them that way.

Best one I ever heard was from one of the guys I worked with.
Young man showed up to take his daughter out on a motorcycle, long hair, ear ring and shabbily dressed.
He explained that was not acceptable. He said he showed back up about an hour later clean shaven, dressed nice, no ear ring
hair combed, and driving a car.
I ask Ed well what happened he said he is my SIL now.

Thanks for all the good ideas and complements. We're going to play this out and hope and pray for the best. This young man is to good to be true so far. But boy's will be boy's this I know first hand.

I was lucky. Most all of the boys that came calling knew of me and were already intimidated. I didn't have to say much to them. There have been a few that met me for the first time told my daughter they were scared of me. My voice scared them.

You have a lovely daughter Hg :D

I chose to never marry nor have children.....still don't regret that decision ;-)

Hook":3c3ngsbx said:
skyhightree1":3c3ngsbx said:
HG I hope when her date shows up you are playing that song cleaning this gun and are cleaning a gun lol

My father in law tried that 15 years ago with me and had about the same result.

highgrit":1df4w93b said:
2014-01-26_18-39-28_6_zps401a8665.jpg
She was showing me her dress. And she looked beautiful to me. Hard to believe how fast your kids grow up. Tell them you love them while you can.
"Tell them you love them while you can." and never stop telling them that HG.....you have a fine daughter there, and I know you must be proud...... she reminds me of my "Gurl Baby". Never underestimate these "Southern Gal's"!! They may be wearing riding boots in the morning and then clean up for such an occasion as this. Well done Compatriot..... John Reb

Highgrit that is one beautiful young lady and you have every right to be proud of her. Relax...I betcha you've raised her right. ;-)

Lovely daughter HG. I am certain that you are one proud papa.
Having raise three daughters you don't have to be cleaning the guns. Just get real close to the boy, look him right square in the eye, and talk low and slow about how much you care for your daughter. Those young boys are easy to intimidate and it is one of the fun things a dad gets to do.
Years ago I told a kid who started dating my middle daughter that he should come help work some calves. I told him that any boy who was going to date my daughter should know how fast I can castrate a bull calf. Him and the daughter will both be 30 next month and I think he is still scared of me.

Very pretty young lady highgrit you should be proud.
I have always told my daughter that when she is old enough to date, her date has to work on the ranch for as many hours as they plan on being gone.(3 hour date=3 hours of work) that way she will know if he really likes her or not. And I'm sure her two older brothers who are in the military would make it a point to be there to "work" also. Should be interesting but I will get some fencing done.

A.Lane":36cu2rtt said:
I have always told my daughter that when she is old enough to date, her date has to work on the ranch for as many hours as they plan on being gone.(3 hour date=3 hours of work) that way she will know if he really likes her or not. And I'm sure her two older brothers who are in the military would make it a point to be there to "work" also. Should be interesting but I will get some fencing done.
I like that idea!

HG --- Pretty daughter you've got there. You and I have a similar path in front of us, I'm afraid!

A.Lane":381sntdc said:

You and I think alike.

Just last weekend, on Saturday two young men helped my 14yo daughter, my wife and I move load after load of rock that was lining the flower beds at our old place to our new place. I felt bad for them, so we fed them and I paid them a little. On Sunday, the same two, plus a third young man, came to do the same thing (which, this time, also included taking down some fencing). The story from their parents was that all of the boys were absolutely wiped out.

And the second best part was when I lifted this gigantic rock and carried it all by myself from the trailer to the new flower bed -- I got a gasp from one boy and a whoa from another.

The best part though ... my little (?) girl never left my sight.

M5farm":1n2bd3gt said:
I was lucky. Most all of the boys that came calling knew of me and were already intimidated. I didn't have to say much to them. There have been a few that met me for the first time told my daughter they were scared of me. My voice scared them.
Your voice scares me and I have never even heard it. :hide:

Latest posts