Dad's going to South Dakota . . . for a visit

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Whew . . . will try to make this short. I am so frk'ng happy that blind dad is making a trip back to Glenham, SD this week, to visit with another widower that has been a family friend for 50 years. He needs to get out of the house, and that farm friend held some of the best memories for our family/families: Fishing in the bass ponds, horses to ride (the boys rode the hogs, and ran over each other with the Cub Cadet tractor), church together on Sundays, and dinners together after. Mom and Eleanor were very close. George and Dad would fish after dark, for the monster bass. Mom died almost 3 yrs. ago; it's not been easy for Pa. George's first wife Eleanor 10 years ago, and the second over a year ago. My youngest brother married George's youngest daughter 9 years ago; they had a crush when they were 6.

Have been able to visit George several times in the last dozen years, before and after Eleanor died. Every time is a treat. I'm so glad Dad is going! I wish I could go with him, and wish the bass ponds were still there.

That's great Kathie. I've been calling old friends and meeting up with them lately myself. If you think about someone you need to call them and say high.

Latest posts