Dadgum expensive

Help Support CattleToday:

Must be the order of the day with clothes. I'm a tee shirt and jeans kinda guy, most of my clothes come from places like Atwoods and Tractor Supply where the prices and any discounts are clearly marked. Recently I needed some nice shirts to be embroidered for a board I serve on. I went to the big and tall store, where the only solid colored dressy type shirts I could find were $95. Now even though I would be reimbursed for this, that's just too much. So I ended up at JC Penney where I finally found some that would work - the total price marked on the 4 shirts would have been about $180, so I took them up to the register. When the lady rung them up, the total was $86 - looked at the receipt and every one of them had a better than 50% discount - no signs that they were on sale, I'm not a member of their secret club (though the cashier did urge me to join). Makes me wonder what the one's in the other store would have actually cost if I'd have asked...

In 1965 I was stationed at the IBM facotry in Endicott, NY. We had to where the same kinds of clothing that the field engineers wore. I went to the garment district in NY city and bought 3 sport coats and 3 pairs of good trousers (not pants). They are all labeled "hart schaffner and marx", at the time that was a top of the line company. Now when I have to dress better then jeans and a work coat I wear that stuff. Still fits, although a little loose now. The whole deal was less then 100 bucks. Some of the others went to down town NY city and bought stuff at the big name stores, cost 4 times as much and I don;t think they looked any better.

Latest posts