Big Expensive Trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
I have seen these trucks (International CXT) on TV but have not seen any around other than a GM modeled one that this farmer has close to me. Do any of you drive one of these trucks or have seen any local ranchers or farmers driving these big pickups?

bigcxt.jpg

I don't have enough cows to pay for one of them thirsty units.
Have to stick with the old 7.3 diesel Ford I guess.

On a side note, they are a better looking truck than that thing dodge has out now.

But, If I was planning on something big like that one in the picture, I'd probably just go with a cummins powered KW.

They are a beautiful truck, they only get like 8 mpg's. I was just curious if anyone has seen any at the cattle markets or anything if people are actually buying them.

I've heard that they are real popular with celebrities nowadays. Buy cause they are big, attract attention, and they can.

Ryan

I've never seen one of those but your right - it would sure attract some attention! How much does one of those doozies cost??? I'm pretty darn sure I could never afford one of those unless I hit the jackpot - but I don't play the lottery so I guess that ain't happening any time soon...... :(

They run about $150,000 bigguns!! They are a pretty penny. The only ranchers that could afford them are the ones who are already rich. I would be curious to know if anyone has or knows of any ranchers that have one or have seen one.

sidney411":2uhl95ew said:
I don't play the lottery so I guess that ain't happening any time soon...... :(

Seems to me the only people that play the lottery are the folk that have an extra dollar in their pocket to begin with. I can't afford to play the lottery :roll:

The lottery is a tax on people who don't know how to do math. Your odds are better to get struck by lightning.

Dave

I like that description. I even have a friend who hit the lottery for 13.8 mil but a tax on the foolish.... he fits that pretty well. Of course now with all that money he can afford to be foolish. At least he can for a couple more years.

Dave

International made such a good pick-up at one time they put themselves out of buisness. You only had to buy one every 20 years. Best pull'in old trucks you ever saw.

the big internationals that you are talkin about go for about $150,000 ford makes the F-650 which is about the same size..i dont know the difference in hp, tq etc but the F-650 starts around $82,000.