Cheap wrist watch vs more expensive

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
Do any of you guys pay much for your wrist watches? I know that sometimes one gets what they pay for, but I've never seen an advantage to paying much for a wrist watch. I remember the days when several would be on a cardboard sleeve at old country stores for $3.00. I would buy one and it would last forever. The price has went up, but I recently bought one at Wal Mart for $12.00.

I ask because it's Christmas and I recently broke the face on my old one, so I wondered if i should gift myself with a more expensive one for Christmas, but I decided to go the $12.00 route.

jedstivers":1cdprq38 said:
I don't own one and never will. Hate them on my arm. Always catching on something and tearing my skin.

So, I assume you go for the $0 price. That is cheap, and it works well for you.

I go with the cheapest timex I can find. They seem to last about forever and if I lose it or break it I'm not out much. The cheaper ones for me seem to fall apart before I get the opportunity to lose them.

i to go for the cheapest watch i can buy.because if im doing something and the band gets hung up its going to break sooner or later.i usually get 3 or 4yrs out my watches.

Can't beat a timex expedition. Keeps very accurate time, water proof, looks good enough to wear any where and not real expensive. I think I paid $35 for the one I have now but they may xost more than that now ive had this for a few years. I'll go through 3 or 4 bands before the watch wears out. Work it sweat and mud don't hurt it just leave it on when your washing your hands and wash it to.

I don't wear a watch anymore... I eat lunch when I'm hungry, the cows tell me when they're hungry, I quit work when it's dark, and for every other time I need a watch, my cell phone has the time (I don't carry it with me around the farm).
When I used to wear a watch, the Timex were really good.. I also had good luck with Swatches, but they were more pricey

herofan":1oh5nzqx said:
jedstivers":1oh5nzqx said:
I don't own one and never will. Hate them on my arm. Always catching on something and tearing my skin.

So, I assume you go for the $0 price. That is cheap, and it works well for you.

Works well for me too. The sun is reliable.
Longest I ever kept a watch working and in one piece for was sixteen days. Price didn't make much difference.

I wear a Seiko when I wear one. Had it about 15 years I guess. Half the time I don't wear it. Got a Rolex in a drawer from my "banking days". Probably needs a set of those $400 batteries by now IF it works at all.

I can't stand anything on my arms besides a coat sleeve. I do not own a watch or long sleeve shirt. If I need to know what time it is I look at my phone.

I'm like a dog, I eat when I'm hungry and sleep when im tired. No real need for a watch.

Bigfoot":21oua2m8 said:
I'm like a dog, I eat when I'm hungry and sleep when im tired. No real need for a watch.
That is the ultimate life. I aint there yet but i'm working on it.

Bigfoot":jf6uq1g2 said:

I'm certainly a laid-back guy and not in the rat race, but i have a public job that is broken into time frames, and a wrist watch is very handy.

I suppose it's just habit as well. I've worn a writ watch since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I remember getting one for Christmas when I was really young. A watch was always a favorite Christmas gift over the years. I feel like I'm missing something if I don't have my watch on.

I have a clock on my phone,my,computer, in my pickup,and am married so I do not need a wrist watch. However I do try to get anywhere someone needs to see me early. I do not work by a certain schedule but by the task at hand. It seems when I was wearing a watch I was either breaking the face or the band and like Jed said that meant cutting my arm. So I don't wear one but when I did they were always cheap ones.

Latest posts