cutting hay today update

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
the cutters are getting ready to roll into the field.gonna cut 60acs more or less.an try to bale it wed or thurs.im hoping itll make 120 4 by 6 bales.we are cutting it on shares,so i hope we get atlest 40 bales.

yes im very glad itll be done soon.this will give us more than enough hay to get through the winter.an those 4 by 6 bales will spoil the kubota,because its used to lifting 5 by 6 bales.

they started baling hay yesterday.an they still have 40acs to bale today.so thankful that the weather allowed us to get it baled.bro an neice hauled in 2 loads of hay with the tractors an hay hauler yesterday.then bro took the tractor an finished moving hay off the side of the meadow.

It is 5 degrees fahrenheit here and we got a foot and a half of snow over night. I am just hoping that the girls will be OK still grazing the alfalfa stand and 80 acres of pasture that I did not use at all this year, for a few more weeks. First calves are do in less than 6 weeks . ;-)

I hope you got a bumper hay crop Big Bull ... :tiphat:

It is 5 degrees fahrenheit here and we got a foot and a half of snow over night. I am just hoping that the girls will be OK still grazing the alfalfa stand and 80 acres of pasture that I did not use at all this year, for a few more weeks. First calves are do in less than 6 weeks . ;-)

I hope you got a bumper hay crop Big Bull ... :tiphat:

HD im just hoping that we get 30 bales or so out of the deal.bro called this afternoon,an said the guy wanted to cut 1 more place of ours.an maybe another 1,so he told him to lay it down.we was gonna shredd it this fall or winter to get it ready to cut next year.our 1st cutting was off by about 30%,so we need some extra hay.weve fed about 25 bales so far.an we usually dont feed till thanksgiving.

Latest posts