cutting down a shotgun barrel

Help Support CattleToday:

How did that affect his roof? :oops:
Lol! It was a big old wooden cattle barn. Wooden rafters, plywood, and shingles all under the newer tin roof. I think he used low brass. I never saw any day light through that roof.

However, I missed a raccoon with a 18.5" cut down 12ga. You could have dropped half dollars through the hole in the shingles. 😮 Oops.

Personally, I'd hacksaw off at the legal limit. Take the butt plate off, and see how short I could take the stock. Put my own butt plate back on. Maybe belt sand to fit the taper. Zero dollars spent, and still legal. It'll shoot buckshot, self defense rounds. Might even get some dragons breath for the 4th of July picnic.

I always wondered why a standard length shotgun doesn't work as a defense weapon?
It can, and does in lots of cases, provided you want to be swinging a cumulative overall length of 47" around inside your home.
I do not want to, just as most people opt for a handgun over a long gun for home defense.

It can, and does in lots of cases, provided you want to be swinging a cumulative overall length of 47" around inside your home.
I do not want to, just as most people opt for a handgun over a long gun for home defense.
I friend of mine used to travel a lot for work. They lived in town, his wife was there alone when he was out of town. She had never been around guns, and was not real comfortable shooting. He opted to get her a pump 20ga. He figured that even some one dumb enough to break into their house would be smart enough to get the he!! Out when they heard her rack that shotgun

I friend of mine used to travel a lot for work. They lived in town, his wife was there alone when he was out of town. She had never been around guns, and was not real comfortable shooting. He opted to get her a pump 20ga. He figured that even some one dumb enough to break into their house would be smart enough to get the he!! Out when they heard her rack that shotgun
No.matter the language the rack of a shotgun translates the same. Back off

If some crazy methhead sombitch is inside your house and you rack your gun, you just let them know where a threat is. If you rack it better be prepared to shoot.

If some crazy methhead sombitch is inside your house and you rack your gun, you just let them know where a threat is. If you rack it better be prepared to shoot.
If he hears me rack it within a couple seconds he will hear a boom if he or she or it is inside the house.

If I have to rack it I was holding a stick. The rack comes after the boom. There are two ways to enter my home by invitation or warrant other than that you will be considered to have felonious intentions.

Writing from the safety of a forum is one thing, otherwise gut wrenching. Be ready ! There may be no rack time....

Im definitely not racking a gun to scare someone. If you broke in my house your done. Last thing i need is you tripping and getting hurt on your way out and suing me for it. Crazy but thats how it works in this world anymore...

Latest posts