Cutting a propane tank

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23 said:
callmefence said:
Unbelievable...one more try with a 7' cheater and it broke loose. ... heard brute was on the case and gave up I reckon....

I was about to say shoot that sucker LoL

A video of that may have been entertaining.... :D

Hey, put it back together and shoot it. :nod:

1982vett said:
Brute 23 said:
callmefence said:
Unbelievable...one more try with a 7' cheater and it broke loose. ... heard brute was on the case and gave up I reckon....

I was about to say shoot that sucker LoL

A video of that may have been entertaining.... :D

Hey, put it back together and shoot it. :nod:

I was gonna have tux drop a match in there when he comes for coffee in the morning.

exhaust from a diesel is no good, they're a lean burn engine so they have lots of O2 in the exhaust unless under heavy load

Exhaust from a quad or something works well, set the carb to run a touch richer than usual will eliminate the O2 nicely

Nesikep said:
exhaust from a diesel is no good, they're a lean burn engine so they have lots of O2 in the exhaust unless under heavy load

Exhaust from a quad or something works well, set the carb to run a touch richer than usual will eliminate the O2 nicely

The time i did it i used a vintage two stroke villiers, they have to be the most polluting engine ever built! A mosquito wont last within ten meters of one of those running.

Before he passed away, my uncle cut hundreds of LP tanks. He bought and sold them for scrap, made feeders from them, etc. He started out filling with water, but got away from that and used exhaust for a few hours prior to cutting. Cancer got him, not an explosion.

Fence,
Neat build. :clap: :clap:
Looks like it did its job.

I have a water heater I'm thinking about using behind my CanAm.
I've been borrowing my nephews roller the last cpl yrs to plant pasture grass mixes in small +/- 3ac spots at a time.

It is heavy enough that I didn't have to put water in it. Packed before and after seeding.

Did you run the pipe all the way through the tank?
How did the axel do? Did you install zerks? I was thinking about (and have seen) carrier-type bearings used.
His also has a mud scraper on the back that I'll probably copy.
Did you fill (or partial) with h20?

Philip-TX said:
Fence,
Neat build. :clap: :clap:
Looks like it did its job.

I have a water heater I'm thinking about using behind my CanAm.
I've been borrowing my nephews roller the last cpl yrs to plant pasture grass mixes in small +/- 3ac spots at a time.

It is heavy enough that I didn't have to put water in it. Packed before and after seeding.

Did you run the pipe all the way through the tank?
How did the axel do? Did you install zerks? I was thinking about (and have seen) carrier-type bearings used.
His also has a mud scraper on the back that I'll probably copy.
Did you fill (or partial) with h20?

Thanks the bushing setup has worked fine for me in the past. Below is a earlier one made out of a fuel tank, I knew the metal was to light but it's what we had and needed to put some grass in. It actually lasted a couple of years.
3" pipe runs all the way through. A piece of 23/8 through that. the hub is the Collar piece off 27/8 oilfield pipe. Holes are drilled for zerks when I remember to put them in. I fill it completely full of water. This one will last it's just 6' wide though. Good for spriggs but won't cover my 10 ' drill. A mud scraper will probably get added.

Latest posts