Curious

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
I am not challenging the right of ownership! But curious if anyone ever new why on the Ranchers.net site they have Boards just like on Cattletoday for different subjects to talk about Cattle or Ranching but they also have a Board for Political discussions and they actually do a pretty good job keeping the political talk to just the political board and talk cattle on the Cattle boards.

Makes me curious why the Cattletoday site does not have the same option? Why does it work on one Website but not made available on the other?

Is it that Cattletoday is more geared towards Hobby type farms and Ranchers.net more used by Ranchers who do it for a living?

Just curious, why it works on one but not utilized on the other?

aplusmnt":2v7sg5jw said:
I am not challenging the right of ownership! But curious if anyone ever new why on the Ranchers.net site they have Boards just like on Cattletoday for different subjects to talk about Cattle or Ranching but they also have a Board for Political discussions and they actually do a pretty good job keeping the political talk to just the political board and talk cattle on the Cattle boards.

Makes me curious why the Cattletoday site does not have the same option? Why does it work on one Website but not made available on the other?

Is it that Cattletoday is more geared towards Hobby type farms and Ranchers.net more used by Ranchers who do it for a living?

You're kidding right, all the BS that went on there last month, even Macon doesn't step foot in that cesspool except to warn people about threats like assassination threats and threats against the members of the boards. Thank God there is no politics on here, I can just imagine the crap that would go on and the good people that would be run off. There is also religious things posted all the time on Ranchers like bible scriptures etc. religion is not allowed here.

This is an equal opportunity board and the only bad mouthing and heavy duty arguing we are allowed to do is over our breeds of choice...

Like HS said as well we have a lot of younger members that use the show boards a lot .

If people want to discuss politics go to Ranchers, a lot of us do just that; we also do not bring our disagreements or differences of opinions back over here when we are discussing things.

HerefordSire":14faielu said:
CT seems to be geared toward youth.

Also known as...

The easily offended, chip on shoulder, and similar "adults"...just joking!!!

FWIW, I think the vast majority of posters on CT are middle aged or older...do they qualify as "youth"....guess they do if you are over 100 years old...lol.

Me thinks we are way too over protective of "our youth"...after all, they are (for most part) smart, alert, knowledgable, and have "street smarts"...at least in most places outside of the "serious" bible belt locations...

JMO...

Go ahead...kick me...LOL!

I would be interested to see the bottom lines of each operation. If CT was healthier, I could understand easier. I reckon there is a reason for everything. Also, finances is not always the highest priority if it is different.

aplusmnt":2lecvl49 said:

you mean the tough ol ranchers can handle the heat, and little wimpy hobbist would get their feeling hurt :p

Thing is, you can't say anything, anything, relating to something political without getting some over the top replies or replies that are meant to initiate over the top replies. I do not start any thread with malcious intent, but somehow, someone, (and I won't say backhoeboogie's name here, but...), seems to chime in and make what was for me an innocent question or comment and turn it into something different. I don't post on Rancher's because it's too out there for my tastes, for the most part. Haven't even looked on there in a LONG time. The few times I have, I have read things that I thought bordered on sedition.

I think the point is that people don't change, for the most part, and it is very easy to offend even without meaning to do so.

At least, and I will say this out of fairness to Macon et al, I have noticed that there is more balance to the boards these days. Just about everything gets shut down.

I wish there were a way to be able to just discuss issues without having them turn into all out political free for alls, but I guess that's not always possible. So here we are and here we'll stay.

The thing i really like about rancher.net is the pictures. i love to see beautiful cattle and beautiful country. even if it is boring day to day farming/ranching. i wish more people here would do that. it would be nice to have a category here for that

Latest posts