Curious

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm probably the odd duck here; however...

When I get up in morning, clothes, sidearm, shoes are put on. (Always keep pants "loaded" with money, wallet, keys, etc.). When I go to bed, I take clothes off (and keep pockets still "loaded") and place sidearm within reach. There has been more than one instance where I had to get out to take care of something on short notice; and, don't want to have to "find" my keys, wallet, sidearm, etc., in the rush. I "stay prepared" and feel my pockets "loaded" are just part of my everyday attire...not "incomfortable..just comforting".

On a sidebar: Was something on news several months ago (or on one of the doctor shows such as "Trauma in the ER", etc.), where a barefoot guy in his house accidently partly stuck a toothpick in one of his toes in the house while barefoot. Later, an infection set in. After a serious course of antibiotics to counter a serious staph infection (and necrotising bacteria) which threatened his cardiovascular system, he finally recovered after a stay in the hospital. I have no doubt this was a true story since there are a lot of nasty bacteria lurking around.

I typically always have boots on inside or out. If they are dirty I will leave them outside and hunt another pair once I get inside. I do leave my pants with keys wallet and such by the bed.

I have the most tender feet in the world.I cant even walk across the carpet without at least socks on and I always pull my boots of at the door and put on houseshoes.And if you try to touch my feet I gaurentold you the fight will begain. And I cannot and absoulitly will not wear anything outside the house but boots.And another thing since I got stung by a scorpion that decided to make a home in my boots I always smack them upside down with my hand before putting them on making sure no spiders scorpion's or some other varmit aint in them.

Cal

TennesseeTuxedo":38ordq4w said:
I can't believe you have bear feet.
:D
How about barefoot then. :D

IMAG0435.jpg

:cowboy:

I wear socks all the time in the house, got ugly feet.
This got me to wondeering last night, not to hijack a thread, but how many of us go outside to pee and check the weather and stars just before we go to bed. I think a man just pees better outside. Everytime I mention it I usually hear,"That's what I do too." gs

plumber_greg":2hql169o said:
I wear socks all the time in the house, got ugly feet.
This got me to wondeering last night, not to hijack a thread, but how many of us go outside to pee and check the weather and stars just before we go to bed. I think a man just pees better outside. Everytime I mention it I usually hear,"That's what I do too." gs

Guilty every night, check my weather rock.

I used to go barefoot all the time when the weather was warm, but hitting my little toe on the coffee table leg and breaking it and also dislocating it broke me of that. My foot looked like a hand - the toe was sticking out like a thumb. Ouch! I wear flip flops or sandals in the summer, socks and shoes or house slippers when it is cold.

Socks or slippers. My slippers have rubber soles which are useful because there have been times that I have had to rush outside & didn't have time to put boots on.

MO_cows":kopetsis said:
I used to go barefoot all the time when the weather was warm, but hitting my little toe on the coffee table leg and breaking it and also dislocating it broke me of that. My foot looked like a hand - the toe was sticking out like a thumb. Ouch! I wear flip flops or sandals in the summer, socks and shoes or house slippers when it is cold.

Same thing happened to me two summers ago. Missed a week of work 'cause I couldn't even put a loose fitting slipper on and you can't wear open toed shoes where I work. Too stubborn to change now so I still go barefoot inside in the summer. I'm just more careful.

I go bare-foot in the summer time, sometimes barefoot outside if I don't have far to travel. In the winter time, it's primarily with socks or slippers, depending on if I have floors to wash or not. If I have floors to vacuum, sweep and mop, the socks come off.

Either boots or waders depending on what work I'm doing at that point in the day. My wife finally gave up and just accepted it. :D Occassionally I'll get chewed on a little if I don't spray off the waders before I come in and I will take them off then but otherwise I'm in boots or waders until bedtime.

ALACOWMAN":14b82h7i said:
now when i was a kid,,, the only time we wore socks was back to school.............summers were spent barefooted.. our feet were so tuff we could walk on asphalt in the summer with tar melting out of it and sticking to our feet,,, or gavel without a gimp :cowboy:
This is the only post that uses terminology that is familiar to this southern boy. Heard it said this way all my life.
Although I never spent much time going "barefooted". I am a tenderfoot. Stickers in the summer were horrible. :cry2:

I wear socks in the house, at night when its time to watch a fave show, I lay down on the couch and then the socks come off-also I don't wear socks in bed either

It is so warm for the time of year, I'm going naked around the house. (I don't get much company, but the Witnesses did appear shaken.) Near EIGHTY is tomorrow's forecast.

Latest posts