Crow Foot Grass

Help Support CattleToday:

Florida cattle

Reaction score
I have a field I had sprigged the first week in June with Russell Bermuda but I've got more crowfoot grass than bermuda. Had a good field prep, and fertilized it 3 weeks after sprigging and I've already sprayed it with Forefront and cut it once for hay. But the dang Crow foot grass is everywhere, has anybody had this problem before? I'd really like to get rid of the crow foot if possible.

Never really tried to get rid of it. It comes in thick in waning alfalfa fields. We bale it and it makes pretty decent hay. Would it be possible to graze it? I don't know anything about bermuda, so I don't know if the animals would have a preference for one over the other. If it goes to seed, you will have much more next year.

Florida cattle":3mwzdx26 said:
Dun hand pulling I don't want to think about this field is 20 acres and it is just too thick to think about hand control or even spot control.

That's why I mentioned it. Seems like kind of a redicules deal even mentioning it. But I guess to be "scientific" they need to over every option. I think the left out one though. Learn to live with it!

Just mow your field and bale it. I makes wonderful hay. Beautiful color. You will be well pleased with it. Next year you might have a little but it will soon be gone cause its not going to be able to compete with your bermuda. I sprigged a field last year and it came in strong. This year there is one little streak of it.

Latest posts