cows related? for greenwillow

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Was looking at the old reg. papers from older cows and way back in 1947 my grandfather has a bull (Larry Rupert) would this be any relation to your Day Rupert Tone bull? Just curious dought that they are.JHH

JHH":1whvtfls said:
Was looking at the old reg. papers from older cows and way back in 1947 my grandfather has a bull (Larry Rupert) would this be any relation to your Day Rupert Tone bull? Just curious dought that they are.JHH

It is very probable. What are some of the other names in his pedigree?

Imagine my surprise to learn that Remitall started years ago with one of their bulls being Foursquare Modern Tone, and a Hereford historian told me that the Foursquare herd was Hazlett based.

greenwillowherefords":sz17d6uh said:
Imagine my surprise to learn that Remitall started years ago with one of their bulls being Foursquare Modern Tone, and a Hereford historian told me that the Foursquare herd was Hazlett based.

Did not no that, very interesting! Some more names on pedigree are H.C. LARRY DOM 7, and WHR JUPITER DOM ,all go back to DOMINO 264259 I think. Dont see any more Rupert or TONE or anything in breeding, but my G.F. bought that RUPERT bull somewhere,and I was told he gave alot of money for him. Kind of fun seeing all the old reg. papers and names interesting.JHH

Brandonm2":2gcvtpnm said:
This Larry Rupert???

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... D&9=505D51

Acccording to the AHA, they trace him back as far as the original Domino via Prince Domino. Quite a pedigree.

Yes thats the one. My grandfather did sell quit a few bulls around these parts till about 1977 then he went with a black angus bulls on all the cows.He passed away in 82 and mom and dad bought 3 of the best reg. cows that he had.We have been trying to build a herd again but the cows were split again in 94 (divorce).I have a long term goal 100 head :D That should keep me busy.JHH

JHH":c19t8gxm said:
greenwillowherefords":c19t8gxm said:

Did not no that, very interesting! Some more names on pedigree are H.C. LARRY DOM 7, and WHR JUPITER DOM ,all go back to DOMINO 264259 I think. Dont see any more Rupert or TONE or anything in breeding, but my G.F. bought that RUPERT bull somewhere,and I was told he gave alot of money for him. Kind of fun seeing all the old reg. papers and names interesting.JHH

Maybe the Rupert was from one of the cows in the pedigree?

Prince Domino was Anxiety 4th, and the Hazletts were developed from that bloodline.

My mother corrected me,my grandfather bought a bull named larry b domino out of larry rupert 204 and belle b domino 7 sorry for the confusion. :oops: This is the bull he owned.JHH

Latest posts