Cows on medicare

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
In the spirit of the old Aubrac thread, here's one for you. Bought this cow 21 years ago with a calf walking by her side for $450, I figure she's paid for herself.

cfpinz":335kqqwh said:
In the spirit of the old Aubrac thread, here's one for you. Bought this cow 21 years ago with a calf walking by her side for $450, I figure she's paid for herself.

Dam, she's gonna out last Granny!

Longhorn cross or Pinzgauger cross? Got a cow that is 16 years old right now and she shows no sign of aging.

Can't say for sure as I bought her at the sale barn, but we figure she's a Pinz/Herf cross based on a number of things. She does have a horned gene, and better feet than most 5 year olds. We cut some cancer out of one of her eyes 6 or 8 years ago, otherwise she's never had any health issues.

cfpinz":1pq2eob0 said:

Good to see she has been able to hang on.

I want to see some of those 30 year old Longhorns you hear about from time to time.

Wow!! She's in great shape. Definitely doesn't owe you anything.
Our oldest is 17 and doing pretty good. I think she has some arthritis going on, but is in good shape otherwise.

Latest posts