Cows Are Sold

Help Support CattleToday:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Till I get this cancer deal sorted out we decided to sell off trhe mature cows and they left this A'M-a young buddy of mine bought them he's been roping calves at our btranding since he was a kid-in fact I was his 4H leader so he knows them pretty good-we got a real good price picked up in the yard and they're going to a good outfit. We'll only have about 70 bred heifer and 4H cows of the kids to calve and about 100 yearlings-pretty easy time. I got a good package of yearling breeding heifers coming from Fraser's-I might package up some good one iron heifers and A'I them to resell. If not we'll upgrade fences and rest some pastures while we rebuild. I get a Cat Scan on Tuesday-after seven chemo treatments everything is going pretty darn good I think-haven't lost asny hair yet-the little bit I got must have deep roots. I'm gaining weight too-getting fat as a damn tick.

NR

More than a few of us have done this - and we all survived.

You have other - and far more important things to take care of

I will be thinking best thoughts for you

[Bez]

I didn't know you were ill, but then I've been gone for awhile. Don't be a stranger, as I've learned a lot from you. We'll be thinking of you.

goodluck on your treatments.sorry you had to cut your herd back due to your illness.

I just know you from the boards but I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to doing what you love best. Best wishes.

Jay

NR, sounds like you have a good base of young cows to work with when you get tje treatment done. It is amazing what medicine can do these days. Hang in there. Jim

Gaining weight and not losing hair???? Are you sure anything is wrong? Here's wishing you the best and a speedy recovery. :nod:

NR- I've sure enjoyed reading your posts over the past couple years. My (and I'm sure a lot of other's) prayers are with you for a complete recovery! Best of luck.

I know you from reading this forum and my prayers are with you. I've read lots of your posts, and you have helped me.
GOOD LUCK and best wishes

I know you from reading this forum and my prayers are with you. I've read lots of your posts, and you have helped me.
GOOD LUCK and best wishes

I'm new here and just came across this thread. I lost my momma to cancer last year so I now your road ahead is tough. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Many blessings to you and your family
Valerie Clavin

Yes I sold the 8020's a dispersal after all is a dispersal-but I have a pretty good batch of 8020 semen on hand to make some more. Had a Cat scan today so I guess I'll know how the chemo is going pretty soonso far so good.