Cows and (lack of) Pasture pics

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
All three from same field.

1st is from May 25, cattle just turned in that week. Grazed it for two weeks, bushhogged and given a three week break. Don't know what to do with all this lush forage. :roll: Only reason they're in it now is a swamp which is still putting out some growth. Got one field left with something that resembles grass and I'm trying to hold it til when we're away from home. Mom doesn't mind feeding my cats but I'd hate to ask her to feed the cows, too.

May 25:
Img_1139.jpg

July 3:
Img_1184.jpg

July 3:
Img_1190.jpg

cfpinz

Fine looking cattle. Your Bull looks great. He seems to be getting enough to eat. It's really dry here also. We're 6" below normal. Chance of showers with a hit or miss pattern. Thank the good Lord we're not as bad off as some at this point.

cfpinz -
Serious problem with that bull: color!! I didn't think you were allowed to have any bull in Virginia that wasn't black! That boy might have to go to the paint shop! Might be a good idea for a new television show "Pimp My Bull"!!!
Seriously - good lookin' stock right there, I guess we're all fighting this weather thing, no rain up here for quite a while - about 20 miles north of Rich Creek, VA.

Nice looking stock cfpinz. Good looking bull. The pics from July 3 look like my place. In fact, I think you took pic number 2 out in my field! That cow's number wouldn't happen to be 25 would it? :lol:

I moved mine onto my 'stockpile' field at the end of June. About the same time 3 of the neighbors started feeding hay. The 'stockpile' field was intended to be used in October. I had to move them in June, as I am almost out of hay. I used alot of what had been considered surplus this past winter. Last year was not a good year for hay.

We need rain.

Katherine

Good looking cattle pinz i really like your bull bet that boy throw's some fine calve's.It's dry here too we have got some rain but not enough it's gonna take week's of good slow soaking rain to get us back to normal the last time i heard we were like -11 inche's below our norm on the water table.

rattler

Good looking cattle. That bulls got some good muscling to him. Hope you all can get some satisfying rainfall soon.

Send me a buckets in the mail, I can probably send them back full of rain in a week. Let's let next year's prayers be for all things to be in moderation.

Best wishes,

EC

Please RFD, Pimp My Bull!
No thanks, I like red.

Katherine - Not number 25, I changed her tag after I got her home! When's the last time you counted your cows?

Thanks to everyone for the comments, we're kind of partial to the bull ourselves.

cfpinz

Latest posts