cows all huddled up

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
wierd...about a dozen of em all balled up..standing or laying down. actually resting on top of each other....
aint a fly thing..or defense..the storms are gone.

why else would they be all balled up like that

Cow cuddling... just love, man, just love! Don't know, but I'd be doing some inspecting of everyone in the bunch.

mixed group...bout half of m ready to calf..thoght it was all the wind and rain but weathers gone..still doing it.
theyll go out and spread out to eat but now when they lay down they are literally laying against each other. puttin thier heads on each others backs and stuff.

usually they will crowd the pens to come in to get some feed. i throw a bucket out when i get home to keep em trained dontchaknow. yesterday they just layed out there all squeezed together.
i rode out there to see whats up and they all seem fine. not alotta flies. the dam dog aint been around in awhile. i have seen a fox a cpl days ago tho. but they dont look defensive..

it just seems odd. havent seen em do such a thing before. cattle ...watch and learn..watch and learn

I see them do it when flies are bad. Even when they move they move like a herd of buffalo...all sort of in unison.

Seen them do it when just few biting flies are around. Seems they want the ones on the outside of the mob to get bit while the inner ones are safe from horseflies etc. Ya know it's bad tho when they all of a sudden one will jump up and then they all run pell mell for the trees and woods.

Probably just want to plot against their owner or their next adventure and don;t want him to hear.

Latest posts