Cow and Calf prices.

Help Support CattleToday:

southernultrablack":1wyiw2m6 said:
HDRider":1wyiw2m6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1wyiw2m6 said:
NOT THE EMU!!!
Drastic times call for drastic measures.
Eat him! Save money on groceries!!

Done! Emu is like Jesus bread. It will feed the masses because one bite will grow in your mouth with every chew until your mouth can't hold it any longer and you have no choice but to spit it out. Definitely going to be a threat to the cattle industry when people realize how magical the meat is.

It was a hard but like HDrider said drastic times calls for drastic measures.. Ever try shooting an Emu in the head when it keeps bobbing its head around? Thank goodness for 15 round clips!

Jogeephus":3lilzkvc said:
southernultrablack":3lilzkvc said:
HDRider":3lilzkvc said:

Done! Emu is like Jesus bread. It will feed the masses because one bite will grow in your mouth with every chew until your mouth can't hold it any longer and you have no choice but to spit it out. Definitely going to be a threat to the cattle industry when people realize how magical the meat is.

It was a hard but like HDrider said drastic times calls for drastic measures.. Ever try shooting an Emu in the head when it keeps bobbing its head around? Thank goodness for 15 round clips!

Jo, you've been using the wrong tool for the job! You need one of these belt fed shotguns with some #4's.

I was talking to a guy about tractors. He bought on brand new in 1975 for $10,000. In today's money that's $44,000 (allegedly), but you can't really get into a brand new one for $100K it seems. Why? Because of all the fancy bells and whistles that no one needs. What do we really need in any vehicle? I like AC and a radio. It's a good thing I like my radio, too, because my 2015 doesn't have a CD player. It's either satellite radio (I'll be damned to pay money/month for something I can legitimately listen to for about 2 hours a week) or off the phone. I'm not into that stuff. Call me old fashioned (and I'm only34) but I don't need the fancy stuff. Just something that works.

However, the backup camera sure makes getting the trailer a lot easier and a lot less yelling from the wife, too!

southernultrablack":38lpssdj said:
Jo, you've been using the wrong tool for the job! You need one of these belt fed shotguns with some #4's.

I could see where that could come in handy. Sortof a pluck and gut thing.

Jogeephus":1tu9mycd said:
Ever try shooting an Emu in the head when it keeps bobbing its head around? Thank goodness for 15 round clips!

Jogee you done done it again! You got coffee all over my keyboard! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!

Jogeephus":27lpugk3 said:
This peak was nice while it lasted but who really thought it would stay this way? I know I didn't. I plan on staying in the black. May have to sell the horses, the ostrich and the emu though.
That's all well and good but hang on to the chinchillas. Good chance they'll make a come back in a down market.

TexasBred":ipy5wk87 said:
Jogeephus":ipy5wk87 said:
This peak was nice while it lasted but who really thought it would stay this way? I know I didn't. I plan on staying in the black. May have to sell the horses, the ostrich and the emu though.
That's all well and good but hang on to the chinchillas. Good chance they'll make a come back in a down market.

You bet I'm keeping them. Heck my financial success with these are guaranteed because the fella that sold them to me gave me a contract guaranteeing that I'll make up to a million dollars a year with them. I know he had my best interest at heart because he had a fish on his business card.

Jogeephus":vza2ca8p said:
TexasBred":vza2ca8p said:
Jogeephus":vza2ca8p said:

You bet I'm keeping them. Heck my financial success with these are guaranteed because the fella that sold them to me gave me a contract guaranteeing that I'll make up to a million dollars a year with them. I know he had my best interest at heart because he had a fish on his business card.
Diamonds in the rough boys, with a stocking rate out of this world.

Jogeephus":1693k2lu said:
southernultrablack":1693k2lu said:
HDRider":1693k2lu said:

The Emu you had must have been free range grass fed organic. The one I ate had been corn fed for about a month. It was pretty darned good.

cowboy43":3fbd4kky said:
I bought my first Brahma cow with calf in 1966 for $125.00 . Calves were $.20 . In 1975 calves were $.31
The lowest was in 1956 @ $ .16 In 2006 calves were $1.01 Then in 2009 calve dropped to $.86
In 2010 price was$.88 Then in 2011 price went to $1.10 and has stayed over a $1 since.
Lowest I remember is for .18 when they hit a dollar thought we had struck it rich

I suspect from reading post on here that most of us will keep going with our pensions and investment income or jobs. I know that I will have to subsidy the cow herd for a while. All of the land and equipment has no mortgages on it.

hurleyjd":1lq42oih said:
I suspect from reading post on here that most of us will keep going with our pensions and investment income or jobs. I know that I will have to subsidy the cow herd for a while. All of the land and equipment has no mortgages on it.
True, thats the only reason I can make any profit is because the land is paid for. Some of my places this will be the first year I can afford to stock them with my own cattle instead of customer cattle. And I don't mind trading a little bit. Someday when I grow up I would like to make a living at it.

Jo when emus went bust back a few years ago fellow that had a farm of them turned them loose in the woods.
Run into one of them before daylight heading to the deer stand where there ain't supposed to be no such creature in the thicket.
Double aught takes them out right now as far as eatin emu I have had it three times first last and only.

Caustic Burno":dd7028b3 said:
Jo when emus went bust back a few years ago fellow that had a farm of them turned them loose in the woods.
Run into one of them before daylight heading to the deer stand where there ain't supposed to be no such creature in the thicket.
Double aught takes them out right now as far as eatin emu I have had it three times first last and only.
I was pushing about 40 head of Holsteins to a corral a few years ago...just at the corral gate a dang emu stood up over in the ditch.....crazy cows all whirled around and stampeded. Almost run over me.

Caustic Burno":ixjq1wn0 said:

That's where this one came from to. Someone made so much money with them they just turned them all loose. I guess they couldn't bear making so much money.

Jogeephus":10sn1ynd said:
Caustic Burno":10sn1ynd said:

That's where this one came from to. Someone made so much money with them they just turned them all loose. I guess they couldn't bear making so much money.

They should have bought Ostriches. Or miniature donkeys.

Latest posts