Covid observations

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with the Covid 19 shot.
I told all five of my granddaughters to research that shot long and hard as they are all of childbearing age.
Lot of implications for a women there from infertility to birth defects for an injection less than a year old. If you go get the injection it will say authorized not approved by the FDA.
Not to mention the microchip they say will be embedded in your body as a result of the vaccine. Not sure how that works but it's pretty scary.

The rate is lower of course. It would be much lower without the 425,000 deaths from covid. Get real man.
You get real they are counting everything under the sun as Covid. Just like Charlie Pride at 86 K.T. Olsen at 76 been in a home for 2 years ate up with Parkinson's.
Here's reality the older you get every day your closer to death.
If you really want a reality check start walking through the cemetery and checking the age on the markers for any decade. You will find a lot more 40-50 year olds than you do 60-70.
Very few people hit 50 the check engine light hasn't come on.

That was my point. Sorry you missed it.
I missed it too. Every time I read one of your witty one-liners, I know it has a jaw-dropping point if only I had the ability to decipher it. I think what distracts me is they are also so cleverly humorous, so I have to take a few minutes compose myself, and by then, well......I'll try to do better.

Is it really a vaccine?

Is it really a vaccine?

I think that's spot on. I was watching CNBC this morning and a medical professional admitted that these shots will provide protection for at most 3-4 months before needing a booster shot. She said masking will be with us for some time.

Wonderful.

Last edited:
I missed it too. Every time I read one of your witty one-liners, I know it has a jaw-dropping point if only I had the ability to decipher it. I think what distracts me is they are also so cleverly humorous, so I have to take a few minutes compose myself, and by then, well......I'll try to do better.
Loafing on the taxpayer's dime one more day I see.

Loafing on the taxpayer's dime one more day I see.
Actually, I took a sick day so I could double-dip at the Wal-Mart stock room. The manager usually doesn't come back here, so I'm really not doing much here either; therefore, I'm staying on my phone and napping.

You get real they are counting everything under the sun as Covid. Just like Charlie Pride at 86 K.T. Olsen at 76 been in a home for 2 years ate up with Parkinson's.
Here's reality the older you get every day your closer to death.
If you really want a reality check start walking through the cemetery and checking the age on the markers for any decade. You will find a lot more 40-50 year olds than you do 60-70.
Very few people hit 50 the check engine light hasn't come on.
So, if a person dies over a certain age and Covid is what pushed them over the edge, it shouldn't be counted? My father recently lost a good friend to Covid who was 82. I assume his check-engine light was on and maybe he needed an oil change, but as far as I know, he didn't have any major medical issues. He seemed like a young-82. If Covid hadn't got him, he might have been hit by a truck that same day or fell over with a heart attack; who knows, but the thing is, he and my dad would probably still be talking on the phone and having a good time if he hadn't got Covid. Even though that's life, Covid is still what took him out.

I assume you type a little tongue-in-cheek on your instruction about death. I'm sure everyone is aware that people were dying before Covid-19 and that every day we are closer to death. It seems that you have an attitude toward death that makes it no big deal as long as the numbers look good. Without getting too religious, I will say that being ready to go and having no fear of death is a great thing and something we should all have. I think, however, that it is human nature to want to preserve our life and the life of our friends and family as long as possible. I thought self preservation was human nature. I didn't realize it was a weird concept.

It seems that you have an attitude toward death that makes it no big deal as long as the numbers look good. Without getting too religious, I will say that being ready to go and having no fear of death is a great thing and something we should all have.

I think, however, that it is human nature to want to preserve our life and the life of our friends and family as long as possible. I thought self preservation was human nature.

I know you are directing this at Caustic or TT, but as I read this I have to wonder why you think (or imply) a person can't hold both of these beliefs. Why can't a person have "no fear of death" and at the same time "want to preserve" their life or the life of others? It sounds like you are saying it is either one or the other. That is an absurd argument. Just because a person doesn't fear death, doesn't mean they are in a hurry to end their life or that they desire to end other's lives.

anyway, carry on..

Just because a person doesn't fear death, doesn't mean they are in a hurry to end their life or that they desire to end other's lives.
I agree with you 100%. that's the thing about typing; it's often difficult to express what one means on both sides.

I know we can't rehash all the posts that have been made about Covid on this forum, but it seems that some feel that people who are a little concerned about the virus are overreacting. After all, we are all going to die. Right? What's the big deal? Anybody who is taking precautions and not "living life" is "scared." And we shouldn't worry about anyone who is older. After all, they are at death's door anyway. That seems to be the flavor among some, but I could be wrong.

I agree with you 100%. that's the thing about typing; it's often difficult to express what one means on both sides.

I know we can't rehash all the posts that have been made about Covid on this forum, but it seems that some feel that people who are a little concerned about the virus are overreacting. After all, we are all going to die. Right? What's the big deal? Anybody who is taking precautions and not "living life" is "scared." And we shouldn't worry about anyone who is older. After all, they are at death's door anyway. That seems to be the flavor among some, but I could be wrong.
My point is after seven decades I don't need you to concern yourself with my well-being. That goes back to the old Hank Williams song is a concept you can't seem to grasp.

There are definitely some folks out there with that exact line of thinking. Some of my wife's friends have actually berated her simply because she has mentioned that we have been taking precautions.
It would be comical if it wasn't so hypocritical the tone and substance of their arguments about that vs what they preach on other topics.

My point is after seven decades I don't need you to concern yourself with my well-being. That goes back to the old Hank Williams song is a concept you can't seem to grasp.

Thank you for clearing that up.

It's easy for you. Since you think it's all a bunch of malarkey, in your mind, you or others not wearing a mask or doing anything differently does not have a negative consequence on you or anyone around you, so you just go ahead as usual. For those who do believe in masks and social distancing, however, it seems weird when you see people without masks sneezing and chirping two feet from you in a store as if they don't care. It's tougher for the side that believes it takes a little cooperation from others.

I'm adding to my list of sources:
1. Creed Fisher
2. The Wizard of Oz
3. Hank Williams, Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts