Covid observations

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 99% of people survive the China virus.

That was too easy.
If one merely looks at that as numbers, it seems great; however, the more one is dealing with, the higher that one percent is. If I get 1% of the frofits from a company that clears $1,000 a year, it's nothing. If I get 1% of $328 million in profits, that's a different story. If everyone in the U.S. got Covid and 1% died within a year, that's around 3.28 million deaths. That doesn't sound like nothing to me.

If one merely looks at that as numbers, it seems great; however, the more one is dealing with, the higher that one percent is. If I get 1% of the frofits from a company that clears $1,000 a year, it's nothing. If I get 1% of $328 million in profits, that's a different story. If everyone in the U.S. got Covid and 1% died within a year, that's around 3.28 million deaths. That doesn't sound like nothing to me.
Everyone won't get it. That's the part you can't seem to grasp.

On top of that is fear of the Covid worriers. If you want the Covid shot get it, if you want to wear a mask wear one if it makes you feel safer. I will even defend your right to do so.
It's trying to impose your will on others. Self quarantine let the rest of us live in freedom.
I will never get a Covid or flu shot ever! I never had mumps, measles, chicken pox absolutely nothing wrong with my immune system.
I watched my mom get the flu shot every year and get deathly ill every time. I lost my grandpa and sister to the flu and I still will never get that shot. Oldest brother died of a simple infection due to penicillin hadn't been released to the public. People die and have since the beginning of time, it's going to happen to everyone.
The media has been telling everyone you're going to die.
That's a fact some just woke up to.
People want to quote this many people died, the numbers don't matter it's the percentage that matters.
So far that hasn't drastically changed for the worse, it's actually improved over the last 50 years.

"Sorry Burno, but I am not willing to give up my liberties." ......

I am however enraged when I walk into Walmart out of my needs and some self righteous person walks near me UNMASKED and enters my space putting me and my family at risk for infection because he is so sure he is right and I am wrong about everything.

We have lost 3 friends so far from this virus.
These 3 refused to stay home or wear masks.
One of these men a very godly pastor refused to go to the doctor because "He was trusting his faith to save him."

Was this trusting God or was this testing God?
I do not know.
I do know I miss this pastor and his counsel very much.

I agree with you about so many things BUT

when it comes to MY HEALTH you have NO RIGHT to tell me to "Drink from this dirty cup" it is safe and if you had the faith you would not have to worry anyway.

I do not question your sincerity or your integrity or Your intelligence.
What gives you the right to question mine?

As the scriptures say the counsel of godly men sharpens as iron sharpens iron.
This must not include blind condemnation And attacks because we disagree.

I am radical, I am radically a Christian Conservative who just happens to believe I should treat myself and family as good as I treat my cattle.

We are taking the vaccinations.
If you chose not to it is your choice.
Have a great day and God bless you in your choice.
You and everyone will be in my prayers.
That's the thing with me as well. People's actions don't just affect their own well-being, and it's not just a matter of people who feel healthy not taking precautions. I can assure you there are people mingling in public with no mask who have Covid symptoms, but because they don't have a job that requires testing or quarantine, and because their symptoms could also be typical of a cold or sinus infection, and because they still feel well enough to be out and about, they choose to go about their daily life with no thought of others.

You make some really good points: Nobody has a right to tell you to drink from the dirty cup from someone who is so sure he is right and you are so wrong about everything. Apparently some have knowledge that is so beyond the average bear about history, medical topics, and everything else, that we commoners can't even begin to comprehend it.

You mention losing three friends. I know that is difficult, especially when one chose to take no precautions. I'm sure the numbers aren't correct, and it has been made political just like politicians make everything political. Is that anything new for politicians?

This is not an exact quote, but I believe one of the anti-maskers here wrote something once along the lines that people should not be talked into believing something different than what they are seeing around them. Apparently, he isn't seeing anything negative from the virus in his area. I've know people to die of all ages and situations from it, just as you have lost three friends, and I've seen people recover and look like death warmed over. I've also known people to get it and it wasn't a big deal. So, from what I've seen around me, I don't mind taking a few precautions in an attempt to not spread it to other people.

Good News.
Herd immunity is now estimated at 43% in USA and new cases have declined 60% from January 8th peak. It will take a couple of weeks to see if there will be a
"Super Bowl" bounce from February 7th parties. But hope for a better tomorrow
is real.

All indications point to the decline as real and sustainable because the drop
in new cases reported is not just happening in the USA but worldwide.

That's the thing with me as well. People's actions don't just affect their own well-being, and it's not just a matter of people who feel healthy not taking precautions. I can assure you there are people mingling in public with no mask who have Covid symptoms, but because they don't have a job that requires testing or quarantine, and because their symptoms could also be typical of a cold or sinus infection, and because they still feel well enough to be out and about, they choose to go about their daily life with no thought of others.

You make some really good points: Nobody has a right to tell you to drink from the dirty cup from someone who is so sure he is right and you are so wrong about everything. Apparently some have knowledge that is so beyond the average bear about history, medical topics, and everything else, that we commoners can't even begin to comprehend it.

You mention losing three friends. I know that is difficult, especially when one chose to take no precautions. I'm sure the numbers aren't correct, and it has been made political just like politicians make everything political. Is that anything new for politicians?

This is not an exact quote, but I believe one of the anti-maskers here wrote something once along the lines that people should not be talked into believing something different than what they are seeing around them. Apparently, he isn't seeing anything negative from the virus in his area. I've know people to die of all ages and situations from it, just as you have lost three friends, and I've seen people recover and look like death warmed over. I've also known people to get it and it wasn't a big deal. So, from what I've seen around me, I don't mind taking a few precautions in an attempt to not spread it to other people.
You have the right to self quarantine.
For some reason you choose to ignore that option rather than taking the holier than thou route.
When it comes to wearing a mask Creed Fisher says it best.

I don't believe everyone will get it either; however, you typed this earlier in the thread:

"I'm curious how it's going to affect me when the time comes." and "There are 2 kinds of folks, those who have gotten the China virus, and those who are gonna get it."

Surely you didn't type that just to fill space with a droll comment.

I am not obeying anyone other than God who gives me a mind of my own.
I am still here protecting my guns and the right to keep them.
I am still here fighting for the unborn.
I am still here having a discussion with you

Enjoy your blindly following Donald Trump and his group.

If given the chance I will most likely vote for him again but

if he had only said "this is a very serious virus please wear your mask he would have won hands down!"
President Trump was too proud to say he was wrong.
This cost him the election.

Sometimes refusing to listen cost us everything.
I am going back to bed.
I will talk to you later.
Trump was the strongest President we have ever had on protecting the unborn, preserving the Second Amendment, putting American interests ahead of globalist interests, closing our southern border to stop the inflow of illegal drugs and human trafficking. The list of positive accomplishment goes on.

Not sure who you're calling "his group". Conservative Americans I presume.

I too would vote for him again. Hard to believe you would the way you denigrate his followers.

Please recall the finest medical mind in the history of the world told all of us not to waste our time with masks about this time last year. Trump was simply following the "science".

Big tech censuring and de-platforming conservative content, the liberal mainstream media, Hollywood, and states changing the way they conduct elections when in direct conflict with their own state constitutions are what cost President Trump his rightful second term.

The uprising at the Capitol was orchestrated primarily by anarchists whose primary goal was to interrupt the process and prevent a review of the process as it unfolded at the state level in a half dozen states where suspicious activity too place prior to and on election day. They succeeded.

I don't believe everyone will get it either; however, you typed this earlier in the thread:

"I'm curious how it's going to affect me when the time comes." and "There are 2 kinds of folks, those who have gotten the China virus, and those who are gonna get it."

Surely you didn't type that just to fill space with a droll comment.

I stand by that. I also stand by the fact that the overwhelming majority will breeze right through it. like nothing ever happened.

Are you posting here on school time again?

Trump was the strongest President we have ever had on protecting the unborn, preserving the Second Amendment, putting American interests ahead of globalist interests, closing our southern border to stop the inflow of illegal drugs and human trafficking. The list of positive accomplishment goes on.

Not sure who you're calling "his group". Conservative Americans I presume.

I too would vote for him again. Hard to believe you would the way you denigrate his followers.

Please recall the finest medical mind in the history of the world told all of us not to waste our time with masks about this time last year. Trump was simply following the "science".

Big tech censuring and de-platforming conservative content, the liberal mainstream media, Hollywood, and states changing the way they conduct elections when in direct conflict with their own state constitutions are what cost President Trump his rightful second term.

The uprising at the Capitol was orchestrated primarily by anarchists whose primary goal was to interrupt the process and prevent a review of the process as it unfolded at the state level in a half dozen states where suspicious activity too place prior to and on election day. They succeeded.
What would expect out us southern white trash. We're all stupid. It's even in our music.

I stand by that. I also stand by the fact that the overwhelming majority will breeze right through it. like nothing ever happened.

Are you posting here on school time again?
Oh, ok, so the post where you said I couldn't understand that everyone won't get it is the incorrect statement?

You have the right to self quarantine.
For some reason you choose to ignore that option rather than taking the holier than thou route.
When it comes to wearing a mask Creed Fisher says it best.
It's the holier than thou route to wear a mask in public and social distance? That's interesting. I'me sure many think the non-maskers are the holier than thou crowd.

As for Creed Fisher, he's good for entertainment, but not really who I seek out for serious leadership and advice.

It's the holier than thou route to wear a mask in public and social distance? That's interesting. I'me sure many think the non-maskers are the holier than thou crowd.

As for Creed Fisher, he's good for entertainment, but not really who I seek out for serious leadership and advice.
I have worn my mask the last few freezing days while feeding keeps my face warm.

See this is where you get confused. I don't care if you wear a mask, it's an individual right. I would never try to make you comply.
If you think it protects you then feel free not to worry about my health. Your not actually worried about health but compliance to your thinking.

I doubt you understand most of what you read.
You're response is not the perfect Country/Western/Anti-Covid response because you didn't say anything about being scared, people dying before Covid, where's the flu, survival percents, mild symptoms, Hitler, or horse-feathers. Please sit down and write another paragraph and get back. When we read it, we will realize that you have written the perfect Country/Western/Anti-Covid response and we will feel obliged to include it in this forum.

You're response is not the perfect Country/Western/Anti-Covid response because you didn't say anything about being scared, people dying before Covid, where's the flu, survival percents, mild symptoms, Hitler, or horse-feathers. Please sit down and write another paragraph and get back. When we read it, we will realize that you have written the perfect Country/Western/Anti-Covid response and we will feel obliged to include it in this forum.
You forgot KMA and ESABATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts