Covid observations

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are definitely some folks out there with that exact line of thinking. Some of my wife's friends have actually berated her simply because she has mentioned that we have been taking precautions.
It would be comical if it wasn't so hypocritical the tone and substance of their arguments about that vs what they preach on other topics.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I would never berate some in a high risk group for being cautious.

Thank you for clearing that up.

It's easy for you. Since you think it's all a bunch of malarkey, in your mind, you or others not wearing a mask or doing anything differently does not have a negative consequence on you or anyone around you, so you just go ahead as usual. For those who do believe in masks and social distancing, however, it seems weird when you see people without masks sneezing and chirping two feet from you in a store as if they don't care. It's tougher for the side that believes it takes a little cooperation from others.

I'm adding to my list of sources:
1. Creed Fisher
2. The Wizard of Oz
3. Hank Williams, Sr.
Apparently you're extremely slow on the uptake, I was trying to simplify it for you.

Apparently you're extremely slow on the uptake, I was trying to simplify it for you.
I really appreciate the attempt, but I'm just no match for you. I know for you it's like trying to explain the Pythagorean theorem to someone in pre-school, and I know that is frustrating. I'll keep trying to understand.

So, if a person dies over a certain age and Covid is what pushed them over the edge, it shouldn't be counted? My father recently lost a good friend to Covid who was 82. I assume his check-engine light was on and maybe he needed an oil change, but as far as I know, he didn't have any major medical issues. He seemed like a young-82. If Covid hadn't got him, he might have been hit by a truck that same day or fell over with a heart attack; who knows, but the thing is, he and my dad would probably still be talking on the phone and having a good time if he hadn't got Covid. Even though that's life, Covid is still what took him out.

I assume you type a little tongue-in-cheek on your instruction about death. I'm sure everyone is aware that people were dying before Covid-19 and that every day we are closer to death. It seems that you have an attitude toward death that makes it no big deal as long as the numbers look good. Without getting too religious, I will say that being ready to go and having no fear of death is a great thing and something we should all have. I think, however, that it is human nature to want to preserve our life and the life of our friends and family as long as possible. I thought self preservation was human nature. I didn't realize it was a weird concept.
You can bet CB has health insurance and life insurance. He don't want to lose one day of life and if he does somebody is going to pay.

You get real they are counting everything under the sun as Covid. Just like Charlie Pride at 86 K.T. Olsen at 76 been in a home for 2 years ate up with Parkinson's.
Here's reality the older you get every day your closer to death.
If you really want a reality check start walking through the cemetery and checking the age on the markers for any decade. You will find a lot more 40-50 year olds than you do 60-70.
Very few people hit 50 the check engine light hasn't come on.

You give two examples and we're to believe that is the norm. What a joke.

You can bet CB has health insurance and life insurance. He don't want to lose one day of life and if he does somebody is going to pay.
I actually don't have life insurance. Life insurance is for the working to take care of the family. I dang sure ain't paying for something retired while I'm living for someone to have fun on when I am dead. I'm retired Mrs. owns everything I do if she can't make it on that so sorry funeral is prepaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.