• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

covid

Help Support CattleToday:

simme

Old Dumb Guy
Reaction score
Got to lighten this up a little.

I went for a walk with my new girlfriend & we saw dogs mating.

She said: “How does the male know when the female is ready for sex?”

I replied: “He can smell she is ready. That’s how nature works.”

We then walked past a sheep field and the ram was mating the ewe.

Again my girlfriend asked: “How does the ram know when the ewe is ready for sex?”

I replied: “It’s nature. He can smell she is ready.”

We then went past a cow-field and the bull was mating with the cow. My girlfriend said: “This is odd. They are really going at it. Surely the bull can’t smell when she is ready?” I said: “Oh, yes; it’s nature . All animals can smell when the female is ready for sex.”

Anyway, after the walk, I dropped her home and kissed her goodbye.

She said: “Take care and get yourself checked out for Covid-19.”

Surprised, “Why do you say that?” I asked her.

She replied: “You seem to have lost your sense of smell.”
Be sure to use a mask. For safe practices.

So, did you test positive?

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Appears Masks offer Zero Protection--- according to 3 democratic mask wearing house members, of whom 2 say they contracted Covid during Capital riot, because they were forced to shelter in place for 3 hours with mask-less republicans.

Rep. Brad Schneider of Ill. - no symptoms, tested positive.
2 female reps both tested positive and have reported mild cold like symptoms.

Last edited:

Little Joe

Reaction score
Wife and I both tested positive for COVID Wednesday. Had relatives from Oklahoma stay with us over the weekend for our son’s wedding, one of them came down with it Tuesday and 5 more of them Wednesday. My wife and I aren’t too bad, she’s a little sicker than me. Mine feels more like a sinus infection, in all honesty if it were a year ago I’d still be going to work. We can’t go back to work until Jan. 25. Gonna have some nice weather for the next 3 days so I’ll get to work around the place. Then later next week rain so I’ll probably go through receipts for taxes.
I pray it don’t get any worse than this. We are both healthy, eat right, take vitamins, and get enough exercise so we should be fine. Only reason we even got tested was because our jobs required us to since we had symptoms or stay home without pay.

TennesseeTuxedo

Reaction score
Appears Masks offer Zero Protection--- according to 3 democratic mask wearing house members, of whom 2 say they contracted Covid during Capital riot, because they were forced to shelter in place for 3 hours with mask-less republicans.

They could have contracted it anywhere.

Last edited:

TennesseeTuxedo

Reaction score

I’m convinced there are 2 kinds of people, those who have had the China virus and those who are going to get it.

TennesseeTuxedo

Reaction score
Wife and I both tested positive for COVID Wednesday. Had relatives from Oklahoma stay with us over the weekend for our son’s wedding, one of them came down with it Tuesday and 5 more of them Wednesday. My wife and I aren’t too bad, she’s a little sicker than me. Mine feels more like a sinus infection, in all honesty if it were a year ago I’d still be going to work. We can’t go back to work until Jan. 25. Gonna have some nice weather for the next 3 days so I’ll get to work around the place. Then later next week rain so I’ll probably go through receipts for taxes.
I pray it don’t get any worse than this. We are both healthy, eat right, take vitamins, and get enough exercise so we should be fine. Only reason we even got tested was because our jobs required us to since we had symptoms or stay home without pay.
You’ll be fine Joe.

Lucky_P

Reaction score
I'm gonna keep beating this drum... look at the MMR II vaccination connection... minimal to mild COVID disease in folks who have good mumps antibody titers due to MMR II vaccination... probably explains, to a large degree, why most children and young adults have mild to no disease - they got childhood vaccination with MMR II, which was licensed in 1979.
With the 'slow roll-out', and questions about when/if COVID vaccines are going to be available to most of us, I think it's prudent for folks over 40 to get MMR II vaccinations.
Disclaimer: I am not a MD... but I am a veterinarian/microbiologist/pathologist.

Latest posts