Covid observations

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're response is not the perfect Country/Western/Anti-Covid response because you didn't say anything about being scared, people dying before Covid, where's the flu, survival percents, mild symptoms, Hitler, or horse-feathers. Please sit down and write another paragraph and get back. When we read it, we will realize that you have written the perfect Country/Western/Anti-Covid response and we will feel obliged to include it in this forum.
Go play with yourself. You bore me.

Pretty funny little parody of an old Steve Goodman tune though.

You forgot KMA and ESABATM.
Maybe he will remember and include those in his next response.

I'm starting to understand now why I'm on a different page with my information; I'm not utilizing the sources of Creed Fisher and The Wizard of Oz.

Last edited:
Because we buy and sell, we use a killed virus on anything coming into the place. Not taking a chance of aborting and wanting to give a little boost to any natural immune system reactions. Lepto is prevalent here so we use Lepto on cows at pregnancy check. Blackleg on calves once since that is also something that is very common here. But we do not regularly go through and vaccinate on a schedule. We also do very little worming. If an animal has worm problems, they will get sold after the second time of worming. We worm anything that comes here since we have no idea of their past history. After that we monitor condition, calves condition and growth.

Maybe he will remember and include those in his next response.

I'm starting to understand now why I'm on a different page with my information; I'm not utilizing the sources of Creed Fisher and The Wizard of Oz.
Some Northern boys do tend to be slower. Bless their heart's.

If the percentage of a calf getting sick is low, isn't that what counts?

Not sure who you're asking but in my case, since we have blackleg virus in our soil I want to protect against it. One year, before my involvement, they missed vaccinating for blackleg and lost 5 good sized calves. As a percentage it was much more significant than this 'rona business.

The point is that CB says that the percentage of death is low so need to vaccinate. So what is your acceptable percentage of risk? It was only 5 calves.
I never said for you not to get vaccinated!! I said the death rate percentage is lower today than 50 years ago, that's just fact.
I said I wouldn't be vaccinated for Covid!
I would never presume to tell you what to do medically, that's an individual decision. If you want to wear a mask or wipe your butt with it is your business.
The problem occurs when you start trying to mind my business.

The point is that CB says that the percentage of death is low so need to vaccinate. So what is your acceptable percentage of risk? It was only 5 calves.

I'd have to guess a little because as I said this was before my direct involvement in the operation but I'd say the 5 that died represented 10-20% of the calf crop. And yes, if the China virus was taking down that many Americans I'd take notice. As is I'm no longer concerned. I've known too many people who recovered unscathed.

I'd have to guess a little because as I said this was before my direct involvement in the operation but I'd say the 5 that died represented 10-20% of the calf crop. And yes, if the China virus was taking down that many Americans I'd take notice. As is I'm no longer concerned. I've known too many people who recovered unscathed.
Unless you happen to be in the 1.7%. Then tough luck for you.

I never said for you not to get vaccinated!! I said the death rate percentage is lower today than 50 years ago, that's just fact.
I said I wouldn't be vaccinated for Covid!
I would never presume to tell you what to do medically, that's an individual decision. If you want to wear a mask or wipe your butt with it is your business.
The problem occurs when you start trying to mind my business.
I never said you should be vaccinated. You are totally right, that is an individual decision.
However, wearing a mask is not. It is not infringing on any protected liberties to require that you wear a mask in public. You have to wear pants in public, don't you? Why is that not a violation of your liberties? And just to be clear, the mask is primarily for the protection of others, not you. It is not a violation of your liberties to have a mask mandate.

Comparing mask to pants is real weak and doesn't fly.
Mask for the protection of others then you need to stay home or go see the wizard.

CDC Confirms That a Face Mask Protects the Person Wearing It.

Secondly mandates are a violation of my civil liberties granted by the constitution.
If you open your history book we fought a war in 1776 over mandates from tyrants.

Masks are unhealthy. Couple years from now, we will be listening to lawyers on TV "If you were required to wear a mask for work for 8 hours, and have XXX symptoms, contact this number"
Along with the Covid 19 shot.
I told all five of my granddaughters to research that shot long and hard as they are all of childbearing age.
Lot of implications for a women there from infertility to birth defects for an injection less than a year old. If you go get the injection it will say authorized not approved by the FDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts