Could we see $1.50 gas

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Russia is flooding the market to drive the price down. Trying to drive the shale producers here out of business.

I thought it was saudis upping production....

And you mean buck fifty a gallon.....try gas or diesel here...it is buck fifty a litre !!!

greggy said:
I thought it was saudis upping production....

And you mean buck fifty a gallon.....try gas or diesel here...it is buck fifty a litre !!!

Here you go........

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/9/21171406/coronavirus-saudi-arabia-russia-oil-war-explained

jltrent said:
Russia is flooding the market to drive the price down. Trying to drive the shale producers here out of business.

Last Saturday in Tyler Texas we saw gas at Sam's for $1.81. Take the 38 cent tax off and you have gas for $1.43 a gallon

Yeah...so it is the saudis....

The sooner we all do not have to deal with these thieves...the better imo...

Coal and oil are going to die off eventually....

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_spt_s1_d.htm

As far as running out of oil depending on the theory you adhere to.
https://enviroliteracy.org/energy/fossil-fuels/abiotic-theory/

With current technology current known reserves have double giving us at least another 150 years and over 300 on USA coal reserves alone.

The US should save all it's oil for when it is needed, which may be quite soon.... our govt has about 4 weeks or so on hand & closed all the refineries long ago, we have the most stupid unprepared system of everyone... we have the opposite of what Trump spruiks, this virus may wake a few up, but I doubt it.

And we pay around 5 bucks a gallon, and was around that level when our dollar was on parity with US..

We wont get cheap fuel, someone will pocket most of any difference.

greggy said:
The US should save all it's oil for when it is needed, which may be quite soon.... our govt has about 4 weeks or so on hand & closed all the refineries long ago, we have the most stupid unprepared system of everyone... we have the opposite of what Trump spruiks, this virus may wake a few up, but I doubt it.

And we pay around 5 bucks a gallon, and was around that level when our dollar was on parity with US..

The SPR has over 700 million barrels in it, that's if we didn't produce one barrel. We currently produce about 10 million barrels domestic.
I retired from the most complex and largest gasoline refinery in 07 at 450,000 barrels per day today it's running 585,000 bpd. We won't even get into the chemistry lessons on volume expansion and fluffing the barrel. We turned 450,000 barrels into 520,000 barrels.
It slipped to second when Motiva Port Arthur upgraded to 600,000 BPD.

Our current refinery capacity is the highest in our national history in excess of 18 million barrels per day.

greggy said:

So it's like Mad Max there?

ga.prime said:
greggy said:

So it's like Mad Max there?

It will be if the sea lanes are blocked or restricted or sea transport denied for some reason.

I have worked in a lot of things, my main background is electrical.

I remember some time back, when the world was going to run out of fuel & everyone relied on mid east, I think the US had a holy sheez moment, and took steps to fix that, while we did the exact opposite, but expanded our reliance into Asia as well, we make nearly nothing now, we used to make everything...

We have academics that get on TV and say we do not need to make stuff, we can just be a service economy, all well and good in theory, till you have a health crisis, a fuel crisis, or a war....maybe the academics can negotiate our way out of these sort of difficulties ?

greggy said:
I have worked in a lot of things, my main background is electrical.

I remember some time back, when the world was going to run out of fuel & everyone relied on mid east, I think the US had a holy sheez moment, and took steps to fix that, while we did the exact opposite, but expanded our reliance into Asia as well, we make nearly nothing now, we used to make everything...

We have academics that get on TV and say we do not need to make stuff, we can just be a service economy, all well and good in theory, till you have a health crisis, a fuel crisis, or a war....maybe the academics can negotiate our way out of these sort of difficulties ?

No one took steps to fix any thing. The O&G industry, that every one curses, reinvested profits in to developing technology that has opened up a surplus O&G reserves. The O&G industry cut the oil dependence of the US on foreign oil. They have gotten so good that they have put a lot of themselves out of business.

Like the sheep that the American people are they fell for the politicians'/ media's shell game of trying to get you to look over here and hate O&G while they are shoving your medications, and roads, and all kinds of other essentials out to other countries.

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/news/newsroom/news-releases/2017/0725_exxonmobil-announces-successful-payara-2-well-offshore-guyana

greggy said:
VS our capacity of not even a barrel......nothing to worry about here.....lol

Steady on, there is a refinery 45 minutes from me that refines 140,000 barrels a day. Australia could quickly become self sufficient in emergency. But i do agree, we've stuffed up big time here. Pretty much the only country in the world that could be truely self sufficient and imports nearly everything that is manufactured.

Redgully said:
greggy said:

Steady on, there is a refinery 45 minutes from me that refines 140,000 barrels a day. Australia could quickly become self sufficient in emergency. But i do agree, we've stuffed up big time here. Pretty much the only country in the world that could be truely self sufficient and imports nearly everything that is manufactured.

We will never be self sufficient because people are not willing to pay the premium for american made products. They want cheap even if they have to sell their sole to the devil to get it.

Redgully said:
greggy said:

Where does that fuel go ?

Not to NSW.....they closed the refineries here is my understanding, and SG is where it is shipped from now.

Nearly everything has been de commisioned....mothballed or sold off over here.....

Last water shortage they built a very expensive de sal for sydney...it was never really put to use....then sold yo a private company IIRC....imagine the costs to fire it up....private or public companies do zero for no profit.

We own no utilities...no banks....no communications....no cars now....no real fuel capacity....

While I am all for free enterprise...there is a lot of merit to govt owned and run infastructure on a big island :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurnell_Refinery

Etc etc.....and I am not aware of any change.....

It is downright idiotic to be so venerable like this while dependent on oil for so much....if there had been mass migration to electric or other....yeah....otherwise....

If we are challened by war or a blockade of some kind....were stuffed.....

I suppose it is not that bad....we have some bullocks still and buggies....no need to transport anything much if you do not make anything...he he

Latest posts