Cougar vs. the Mule-pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

fellersbarnoneranch

Reaction score
A couple was trail-riding somewhere in Arizona (?) and had stopped atop a mountain. As they sat on a log, one of their mules broke loose, and for what reason? To kick the arse of one very unsuspecting cougar! I am told that the mule went straight for it. The excitement included the cougar being grabbed by a hind leg and swung wildly, stomped, knelt on and squashed, and a good shaking byt the neck for good measure. Cougars a problem? Mules! Don't leave home without them!

mule-cougar1.jpg

mule-cougar2.jpg

mule-cougar3.jpg

mule-cougar4.jpg

Awesome pictures!!We had a Mule that would run or stomp a stray dog, they can be amazing animals in the intelligence department at times. Used to give ol' Kate an RC and she'd take it off the fence post and tilt her head back and set the can back down, She got a fetish for vehicles, and kicked out a lost stranger's tail lites, and opened a console in a friends truck and ate the title to his truck he had with him to trade it in, then in an earlier post I commented on today, she started riding Cows, Bulls, whatever she could find when she went into heat. Like said, a classified ad cured ol Kate.Hopefully she found a "mule tool" somewhere.

My only question is, what were those hounds doing that would have allowed the mule to notice/find/get to the cougar first?

dun

great pics i need a mule for wild dogs and cyotes here lol,had and arab mare with a foal did the same thing to a stray dog once i wish had had a camera

bet that cougar was a wishing those hounds woulda found him first :lol:

awesome pictures

jt

I'll bet those dogs had been chasing that cat all day long and finally had it worn down and at bay before the mule ever showed up. Still they are amazing pictures.

Craig-TX

that is one bad mule ;-) just ask that cat.

dun":1qy1ccch said:
My only question is, what were those hounds doing that would have allowed the mule to notice/find/get to the cougar first?

dun

Maybe they were afraid to mess with the mule, but the cougar didn't know any better.

jkwilson":1pe9vhgq said:
dun":1pe9vhgq said:

dun

Maybe they were afraid to mess with the mule, but the cougar didn't know any better.
===============

Man!!! :idea: ...a mule may be the ticket for the yote/cougar/dog problems.

Those are deffinately awesome pictures!!! It looks like the cat is already dead in the 1st picture, looks like blood around it's mouth. I would love to see something like that though! I'm sure it was a great thing to witness!

sidney411":8z1pypss said:
Those are deffinately awesome pictures!!! It looks like the cat is already dead in the 1st picture, looks like blood around it's mouth. I would love to see something like that though! I'm sure it was a great thing to witness!

In that 1st picture..the cats mouth is open in a snarling state(not blood..i don't think)......reaching up with paw..head rised.
That mule was mad....uuummmh!

The hounds in the last picture and the empty scabbard on the saddle lead me to believe that the mule is playing with a dead cat. Great pictures but the story..... BS.
Dave

oscar p":1ka1crhk said:
Saw this in a mule mag, Dogs treed it, man shot it. Point is it was already dead.
===========

OSCAR,

lOOK AT THE 1ST PICTURE..the animal is raising his paws toward the mule's head and he is also raising his head up at the mule in a snarling fashion...how can you say the cat was already dead??? He may have been somewhat disabled/injured with a shot..or attack from the dogs...?...but he looks reactionary to me!!!!!

You talk about being in the right place at the right time with a camera!!!

Amazing pictures.

it may not be reactionary if the mountain lion is being flung around wildly- could just be the "whiplash" his body is experiencing to make him look like he is moving----honestly, its very cool to think a mule did that all by himself, but realistically--uh uh

Look at the third picture closely, there is a steel trap on the lions foot.

The amazing thing to me is the inactivity of the hounds. I have never hunted a set of dogs, and I have hunted some sorry ones, that would set there panting while a mule or a man or anything else tossed the game around. I would bet a steak that the dogs that actually treed the cat are on leads and those are pups.

Good analysis folks...but with the intense...intensity :shock: ...displayed by this mule....I want em'!!!!!!! :lol: Gotta find a way to put out an APB on the internet. hummmmmm.

Latest posts