Costco ?

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about a business called Costco ? I googled it and from what i can tell is that it is similar to a Sams Club store ?

I was looking for horse barn designs and come across this Costco and read that they sale barn kits ? Anybody know anything about that ?

Costco is wildly popular around here. They ran the closest Sam's Club out of business. I don't know anyone that's bought a barn from them, but they don't sell junk, in my experience.

Their house brand whiskey (all their alcohol for that matter) is Kirkland, and it's fine by me. That makes them a winner in my books.

They pride themselves on paying a living wage and having a low mark up.
Issue is they prefer to sell large volume units which do not work for some people.

I had never heard of them before. We don't have them in Arkansas as far as i know. Did read where one is supposed to open in little rock arkansas.

504RP said:
I had never heard of them before. We don't have them in Arkansas as far as i know. Did read where one is supposed to open in little rock arkansas.

LOL I guess you don't have them in Arkansas because Sams is a Walton (Wal-mart) Business. To compare Sam's Club and Costco is like Wal-mart to Target. Costco's goods are just a little nicer and normally just a bit higher quality. Their store is a little nicer and cleaner too. But exactly the same concept.

Their house brand whiskey (all their alcohol for that matter) is Kirkland, and it's fine by me. That makes them a winner in my books.

A lot of their House Brand Spirits are made by major distillers, just relabled.

We have them in Australia. I have never been to one but my wife frequents one when she is in Brisbane. I see a lot of shipping containers around the place with Costco branded on them so must do a lot of shipping.

Ken

If I lived closer to one I would pay their membership fee. I have been in one to look around as a lot of their items you have to buy in bulk or large quantities, but you get a good deal if you need that much. Also I noticed, especially their fruit, veggies were good quality. The closet store to me I know of is about an 1 1/2 hour drive as just not worth it.

sstterry said:
Quick tip: If you buy a membership at Costoc and then don't renew it, you can still buy things online with the membership number. They don't check for on line orders. :tiphat:

Good to know as sister in Knoxville shops there a lot.

I drove past one everyday on my way to work when I lived over on the coast. Got my gas there as it was always about a nickle cheaper than anywhere else. They sell things in bulk. Their toilet paper comes in a 32 roll package. Back when I had all the kids living with me a shopped there a lot. When it was just me or me and the wife it didn't make as much sense. Now it is about 100 miles to the nearest one so I quit them.

If you want something there but don't want to buy a membership, have someone that is a member get you a gift card from them. You don't have to be a member to use a gift card in the store.

We don't have a Costco anywhere close as far as I know, but we do have Sam's clubs. I don't have a membership. Something about paying money for the privilege of shopping in a store rubs me the wrong way.

Several years ago I was in Ohio. I shopped at a great store by the name of Miejers I think that was the way it was spelled.

Rafter S said:
We don't have a Costco anywhere close as far as I know, but we do have Sam's clubs. I don't have a membership. Something about paying money for the privilege of shopping in a store rubs me the wrong way.

They both have rewards programs that refund you at the end of the year thereby paying the annual fee.

I am fricken floored you have never heard of Costco! Costco is literally worldwide. I mean we don't have Sam's club but I have for sure heard of it. Do you watch TV?

Hey sstyerry !!! Whats so funny about not ever hearing of a store called Costco ? I live so far back in these here hills they have to pump sun shine to me. Let alone having a big store like Costco any where near.

So is Costco big enough that they sale barn or building kits ?

Latest posts