Colorado - you doing okay 3way?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Some very bad flooding going on in the Boulder Colorado area. 15 inches of rain in a very short period resulting in flash flooding. More rain on the way. So far 4 dead and depending on the report you read, between 71 and 181 folks unaccounted for.

I don't know part of Colorado Vic is in, but things sound nasty. I checked but his profile but it did not say when the last time he signed in was. Just thinking of you and the folks in Colorado.

Take care,
Alan

We are OK a long ways from the flooding. I apologize for not answering the PM's been fighting some issues with a rental property. What rasin we did get found a bad spot in a 3yr old roof and did several thousand dollars in damage.

FWIW I was in Denver yesterday and on the west and south sides it's no big deal. Boulder is feeling the rath of God thought and further north my buddy had to evacuste his house in Loveland.

They are saying that this is a 500yr event. Denver got a years worht of rain in a couple of days. Carzy stuff!

Thank you all for caring!

3waycross":2g9rvdtr said:
We are OK a long ways from the flooding. I apologize for not answering the PM's been fighting some issues with a rental property. What rasin we did get found a bad spot in a 3yr old roof and did several thousand dollars in damage.

FWIW I was in Denver yesterday and on the west and south sides it's no big deal. Boulder is feeling the rath of God thought and further north my buddy had to evacuste his house in Loveland.

They are saying that this is a 500yr event. Denver got a years worht of rain in a couple of days. Carzy stuff!

I saw the flooding in Colorado on the news and thought about you 3way and thought well he'll float :D
Seriously glad your ok. I've been tempted to buy another rental property, the last one was a breeze for about 3 or 4 yrs but then cost me 15k so I'm gun shy
Hope your insurance pays

For the record. I was not drunk when I typed the earlier message. I just reread it and thought these folks must think i start drinkin awful early these days!

BTW Cross-7. I couldn't float in a tub of jello. My specific gravity is similar to lead.

3waycross":mccs3y9d said:
For the record. I was not drunk when I typed the earlier message. I just reread it and thought these folks must think i start drinkin awful early these days!
At least you did found some rasins with bad spots :lol2:

Glad to hear it sounds all is basically okay. From video I have seen it sound bad.

Alan

It is really bad up north. There are several hundred people unaccounted for! Nobody in Colo ever buys flood insurance. Like I said this is being called a 500 to 1000yr event

It's a real mess around here. There's more rain coming too.
We're fine where we are. There aren't any towns on the rivers though that have been spared flooding. The canyons are the real disaster areas though. The roads are mostly gone. Lots of people stranded.
We have close friends trapped in Thompson canyon west of Loveland. They have had 5 deaths (not officially reported yet) near them with numerous injuries. Choppers are taking out seriously injured and fatalities only for right now. We're trying to help with an effort to get some generators and supplies to them via an old wagon trail until they're able to get out.
Prayers for them and everyone else affected by the floods would be very much appreciated!

CottageFarm":b44lf3t8 said:
We're fine where we are. There aren't any towns on the rivers though that have been spared flooding. The canyons are the real disaster areas though. The roads are mostly gone. Lots of people stranded.
We have close friends trapped in Thompson canyon west of Loveland. They have had 5 deaths (not officially reported yet) near them with numerous injuries. Choppers are taking out seriously injured and fatalities only for right now. We're trying to help with an effort to get some generators and supplies to them via an old wagon trail until they're able to get out.
Prayers for them and everyone else affected by the floods would be very much appreciated!

Are you flooded Cottage?

CottageFarm":1k7l5ztm said:

My apologies cottage! Until now I never noticed you are from Colorado. Sounds like you are in the middle of it! With luck you will stay safe and family and friends a safe. I'm really sorry I missed you in my post. Stay safe and please keep us updated.

Again, my appoligies, :oops: :oops: :oops:

Alan

No apologies needed, Alan. Don't sweat it.
3way, we're about 10 miles due North of Fort Collins with no streams nearby, so we're not flooded.
Just a number of friends and clients that live in the canyons that we're worried about. Couldn't get anywhere 'til this afternoon because all the bridges were flooded or closed in anticipation of flooding.

There's another member here that lives close to Boulder. Don't know where exactly, but she could be right in the middle of it.

The news isn't even covering the eastern plain really when I think it worse out this way then the mountains. The flooding from the whole front range from Colorado springs all the way up to fort Collins all meet in Greeley and push down the south platte. Last total I got were 19 feet high in ft. morgan moving so fast they cant even calculate the cubic feet per second. A place they showed on the news is a mile and a half from my place and about a mile from the river and under 4 feet of water. How much closer to my place it is not sure. C dot just said the bridge there is gone and they think all the bridges through that area are going to be taken out. There are a lot of farms in bad shape right now with the flood warning not being lifted till at least Wednesday.

Grr, my post vanished...

Wow, I just looked it up on the news,. pretty impressive!... we had our weather event last week... we got 3 inches of 1" hail followed by heavy rain, but only for about an hour... it closed a lot of roads and caused some mudslides, etc...

Here's how it looked about 5 minutes from our place

Wish everyone down there luck!
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200 ... 738d96.mp4

Knowing where you're at, 3Way, I wasn't worried about you. I have a brother outside/but high altitude Morrison. His family is high and dry, but they do have some issues getting to other places. (Most importantly, the place he plays poker once a week, that is under 4 ft. of water!) :)

3waycross":3ib8rtk3 said:

Glad all is well with you and yours...... :tiphat:

3waycross":1g7e7b49 said:

I had sort of visualized you floating down the creek with a half dozen empty bottles under each arm for flotation.

Latest posts