Color me green--the rest of ya gonna be cold

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
tues-weather-low-temperature.png

Forecast to repeat itself a week later. That so-called "polar vortex" thing the weather channel invented a couple years ago.
(We used to just call them cold fronts....)

Me and Kenny and a couple others are in the blue (lighter) and looks like sky and Jim and couple others are in the green (lighter).

Yesterday AM it was 12, morning before that it was 14. Then again, it is January afterall.

greybeard":2t1hnaux said:
If we've had a freeze yet, we barely did.
My roses are still blooming and the lawn is still green.

Yup. I'm feeding hay, but there's still some green grass in the pastures.

Rafter S":23ijnlon said:
greybeard":23ijnlon said:

I've been feeding hay for 6 weeks. Grass has BEEN gone. Last week the grass started coming out. Crazy weather here. It was 85 Christmas Day. I'm afraid the last half of January and all of February is gonna be brutal.

Rafter S":24vd637q said:
greybeard":24vd637q said:

Green in my pastures as well, even the part I didn't get ryegrass on, but I can't really say it's doing any growing and it's so short, I'm ready to de-worm again.
I've been feeding hay since November. Beginning to think I gonna have too much but winter is just getting kicked off good now.

You can color us white. They're calling for 4-6 inches of snow saturday

dun":1knlk7fq said:
You can color us white. They're calling for 4-6 inches of snow saturday

Last night is was under an inch for us. This morning, it is now saying 1-3". We turned cows out on the hay field last week, so they should be good for a couple more weeks. Then, we have 40 acres that they will go to that has plenty of wind breaks, and decent stockpile. Of course, all of my plans could change if we start getting a bunch of snow.

Workinonit Farm":6w3da7zn said:
Me and Kenny and a couple others are in the blue (lighter) and looks like sky and Jim and couple others are in the green (lighter).

Yesterday AM it was 12, morning before that it was 14. Then again, it is January afterall.

Yep.. .We had some serious snow flurries here Monday though. I bet mid feb we will get our share of snow.

I am in the green and if I took a quick trip to the beach it appears to yellow. hmmmmmm Maybe I should go out to the beach. There is a clam tide this afternoon.......

Latest posts