Clothing the Upper Class Katrina Victims

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The Church my Mother goes to decided to help the Katrina victims that were moved here in Tennessee. They gathered up clothes. Mom said she gave a few things that she still enjoyed wearing.

When the clothes were delivered, the Katrina(suck-the-life-out-tax-payers-pay-check people) victims said that they didn't want used clothes, they only would take new clothes.

They sent the clothes back to the Church and the people that gave them.

That attitude sure gets my shorts in a wad. But what ya gonna due? My thanks to the church for trying. Anyone else notice some of the most timely and best organised efforts were taken care by the church pastors? :clap: 4 em

Makes you wonder what will happen to the country on down the road. So many people refusing to work and getting on every welfare program. The non workers will soon outnumber the workers. Then what?
A working man would have known what it takes to make a dollar and would take the second hand clothes if he needed them. You have to get by till you can do better.
Those with all the handouts, if they start taking less now, they might end up taking less later. Never abandon your goal! Take all you can get and ask for more. :mad:
I agree on the pastors helping the community much more than United Way or the Red Cross. They get the product directly to the people. UW and RC get their cut first then spend the rest like they see fit.

Paster said something this morning when we were discussing the hurricanes that stuck with me.

"God is not looking for the able people. He has all the ability. He just wants willing people."

are these the same pastors that are demanding fema funds be given to them for there volunteer work ?

Chuckie":3ph0lxi8 said:
The Church my Mother goes to decided to help the Katrina victims that were moved here in Tennessee. They gathered up clothes. Mom said she gave a few things that she still enjoyed wearing.

When the clothes were delivered, the Katrina(suck-the-life-out-tax-payers-pay-check people) victims said that they didn't want used clothes, they only would take new clothes.

They sent the clothes back to the Church and the people that gave them.
That's totally unbelievable. And Unacceptable. I can honestly say, if it were me, I'd be happy with anything I could get. What has this world come to?

peb":37qsk7a3 said:
are these the same pastors that are demanding fema funds be given to them for there volunteer work ?

I'd say they aren't the same ones. Hadn't heard that any were demanding compensation. Do you want them to be?

No i dont want them to be but read todays paper... that's what's going on

If churches are part of the relief help they should also (if they wish) be a part of the relief dollars.

But hey thats me, most churches will not go thru the redtape to get the money as they are busy working with and for people that are hurting.

MD

it was on the "Early Show" on CBS this am that a church was receiving fema funds for helping take care of workers who were housed there..... at least you know the church isn't using the funds off the top for salaries like red cross does.

If FEMA can contract with a cruise ship @ 1297 per person to stay there, I'm sure the church is receiving a much lesser amount.

I heard last night where the same cruise ship charged $595 a person for a trip and then they turn around with their hands in all pockets and charge the $1297. Seems the FEMA people would have just booked a cruise for these people. Is this cruise ship really taking advantage of the disaster problem or what?

If i understand what i read , the people that are housed on these cruise ships are not the people of N.O. but the fema people who went there themself.Theses ships are only about a third full, while the people of the area are getting moved all over the country and being feed sanwiches,,, which is probley not beef... the paper pushers are being served really well... sounds about right to me ! :mad:

I thought there were laws against price gouging in a disaster situation. It seems to me that is what those cruise ships are doing.

We sent our contribution to Willie c/o RFDTV....expect that it will go to give a hand to someone that works for a living.
At my age I need to balance out the scale a bit for a few indiscretions of youth...

A6gal":1hue3uzl said:
I thought there were laws against price gouging in a disaster situation. It seems to me that is what those cruise ships are doing.
It sounds like an incredible waste of money to me, also. But playing devil's advocate for a minute---

Assuming you were to cancel all of the cruises that you had booked from paying passengers, and assuming that you've seen the way many of those evacuees take care of the government housing projects that they call home and live in for free, and assuming you would even let them stay on your cruise ship---

How much money is fair?

My church took up a collection, fairly sizable for a small church. We sent it directly to a our association office who sent it directly to churches in the area to use as they see fit. Rebuild the church, help church members who lost houses, help other people who need help, etc. It is a much better way to distribute funds. You hope (and think) it will be used more sensibly.

i know a man that was working security at one of the places in dallas that had storm victims...i dont know which storm it was from...but any how they were giving out shoes, and one man had some rather big feet, and they didnt have his size, so this man that i know ran down to walmart and bought this size that he needed, cuz he had none,,,,when he took them back to him, he told him that he didnt wear shoes from walmart, and didnt want them...i dont know what was said, if anything, as this guy is with the police dept, but i know what i would have wanted to do with the shoes that this jerk refused, and it dont have nothing to do with his feet.. :shock:
some people i will never understand, they ought to be ashamed

Ugh.. why do they care? People are trying to do them a favore.

Anyways, my dad is down in alabama and mississippi helping out with the Red Cross.

He's going to be home in 2weeks and 1day.[/b]

Latest posts